Social Media Specialist
Do you have a social-first and mobile-first view of content? Are you an endlessly creative social storyteller who thrives at building creative visual content on your own? In today’s fast-moving social media landscape—this is an exciting opportunity to help Amazon engage our vast, diverse, and dynamic audience of frontline workers.
Amazon is seeking a curious and collaborative self-starter to join the Operations Internal Communications team in North America. As a Social Media Specialist, you will execute content creation and community-building initiatives for our worldwide Operations employees. The right person is passionate about building social communities and can create high-visibility communications efficiently. You're creative, detail-oriented, and can educate and inform though short-form content. Experience with publishing content to large audiences on digital or social media platforms is helpful.
Location: This role can be located in Seattle, WA, or Nashville, TN.
Key job responsibilities
- Execute day-to-day community engagement and moderation across social media platforms.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal stakeholders and campaign managers to align on editorial beats and shared goals.
- Source, create, and publish timely social media content designed to educate, build awareness for signature benefits, and celebrate our peculiar culture with frontline employees.
- Contribute to developing creative ways to activate and grow our audience on social media, including, but not limited to, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
- Regularly track, analyze, and report on progress against goals, content, and overall program health for team business reviews and reports.
- Contribute feedback and ideas for improvement for existing production flows for social media, campaigns, and communications.
- Escalate issues and complaints to designated leadership.
- Push the boundaries of social media—we like to Think Big!
A day in the life
You will execute the day-to-day operations of our social media program. This role is critical in supporting strategic employee engagement initiatives, providing exceptional employee experiences via social channels, and driving functional excellence and process.
About the team
Operations Internal Communications drives editorial content to inform and engage, supports issues management, and creates social, digital, and print content to communicate with hundreds of thousands of Amazon Operations employees across the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, mass communication, and/or digital communications.
- 3+ years of social media and/or consumer community development across digital channels.
- Knowledge of social networks’ best practices – design, functionality, users (best time to post, tagging influencers, character limit) – across TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple deliverables at one time to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Experience contributing to editorial strategy and execution working with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge and experience with multiple forms of content creation, including video and infographics, in a unique, short-form, and culturally interesting way.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience using the latest social media management/monitoring/analysis tools and platforms, experience with Sprinklr preferred, but other social media management tools are acceptable.
- Experience working virtually with teams around the globe, as well as external production partners.
- A passion for contributing to building a healthy workplace culture and a great employee experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.