Social Media Specialist
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
Lightspeed is looking for a Social Media Specialist to join our Global Marketing team. You will be a voice for our customers on our global social platforms, assisting in building our relationships, monitoring and analyzing our platforms and contributing to new international social media campaigns and opportunities.
In this role, you will be responsible for researching and turning content ideas into text captions, images, simple infographics and short animations/videos. You will also help the Global Social Media Manager to create and execute a social content calendar. A deep interest in current social media trends is required to be successful in this role.
You have a strong passion for social media, writing and international marketing coupled with a love of process and a can-do attitude. We value fun and hard work, therefore we are looking for someone with an outgoing, positive personality, strong people skills, and a strong desire to learn. We're a fun team and have a great company culture. With talented marketing teams throughout Europe, North America and Australia, you’ll have lots of opportunities to collaborate internationally—we can’t wait to meet you!
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing our global and international community on social media in partnership with our Customer Support & Success team and our Customer & community promotions manager connecting to build strong relationships and locate marketing opportunities.
- Collaborate, support and execute on social media campaigns encompassing both paid and organic social strategy from Pitch to reporting and analytics.
- Oversee the scheduling and distribution of original content through social media.
- Stay up to date with current social media trends and identify opportunities and pain points from which we can grow our brand presence online.
- Identify international influencers in our community and collaborate on building our influencer program from the ground up.
- Analyze and report to our Global Social Media manager and Brand Strategy Director about running on-going campaigns and support them in global strategy tactics.
- Do market research and various ad hoc tasks.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Experience running and overseeing social media campaigns across META Business (Facebook, IG), LinkedIn, Youtube, Twitter, TikTok for 1 year minimum.
- Experience in project management and using social media management analytical tools (i.e.: Meltwater, Sprout, etc.)
- Studies in Marketing, International Studies, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or Translation;
- An understanding of digital marketing principles (content marketing, content performance, SEO, Google Analytics).
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills;
- Bilingual, solid proficiency in French
- Be a great team player
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Retail or Hospitality experience;
- Experience with writing blogs;
- Passion for technology
- Fluency in other languages (preferably French)
What’s in it for you:
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a genuine impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.
Founded in Montréal, Canada in 2005, Lightspeed is dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: LSPD) and Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). With teams across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company serves retail, hospitality, and golf businesses in over 100 countries.
Lightspeed handles your information in accordance with our Applicant Privacy Statement.