Social Media Senior Manager
As the global leader and pioneer of the mobile webcomic format, WEBTOON has revolutionized the comics industry for comic fans and creators. Today, a diverse new generation of international comic artists have found a home on WEBTOON, where the company’s storytelling technology allows anyone to become a creator and build a global audience for their stories.
With a massive catalog of incredible digital comics from rising stars on WEBTOON CANVAS platform, and a growing roster of superstar WEBTOON Originals creators, there’s something for every type of comic fan on WEBTOON. With an average of 89+ million monthly active users, and WEBTOON adaptations on Netflix, HBO Max, and other screens around the world, WEBTOON’s passionate fandoms are the new face of pop culture. The company has worked with DC Comics, Marvel Entertainment, HYBE, and many more of the world’s biggest entertainment brands.
As a Social Media Senior Manager, you will develop the WEBTOON social media strategy and create impactful social activities that lead to an improvement in brand loyalty, community growth, and ultimately service growth. As an integral role, you will work with internal and external stakeholders across all functions, to drive organic growth of the brand. This is a leadership role, and you will have the rare opportunity of defining an exceptional brand within social media.
REQUIRED: Please attach a sample of your professional work portfolio.
- Take ownership of the @WebtoonOfficial accounts across all social platforms including but not limited to YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Reddit.
- Develop and drive social strategy and roadmap for all social channels, including developing KPI and designing scalable processes, with a clear understanding of WEBTOON’s community of fans and creators.
- Utilize your experience, subject-matter knowledge, and business acumen to offer original and creative solutions to marketing and business opportunities.
- Grow the community by constantly engaging with the community through extensive community listening and sharing content that best portray WEBTOON’s unique brand voice.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure alignment and approval of strategy and content is being messaged with appropriate and consistent tone and voice.
- Establish and manage the social editorial calendar on a weekly and monthly basis and ensure flawless execution of campaigns.
- Track performance and growth with analytics and use the findings to adjust strategy for optimizing posts.
- Develop and maintain a program to run strategic like-minded brand social partnerships to increase brand exposure to new audiences.
- Collaborate with the Influencer Marketing Team and UA Team to support marketing campaigns across all channels.
- Stay abreast of social user trends and shifting behavior to be a social trendsetter.
- 5+ years of experience in social media marketing in the entertainment industry (required)
- Specialist in developing social marketing strategies that are native to each channel and that can deliver tangible results
- Deep understanding of how brands should use social authentically
- Deeply engaged in WEBTOON, web comics, animation sphere online, staying on top of the latest news and trends within the community
- A connoisseur of social media, particularly TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Graphic design & video editing skills a major plus
- Excellent communication (written, oral, interpersonal) and grammar skills
- Proficient in performing quantitative analysis on new follower acquisition/engagement and social media conversions
- Experienced team player with the ability to work and collaborate with a variety of internal stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive work environment
WEBTOON is owned by South Korea’s internet conglomerate Naver. In 2021, Naver acquired webnovel app Wattpad. The move aligned WEBTOON, the world’s largest digital comics platform, with Wattpad, the world’s leading webnovel platform. Together, these storytelling technology platforms reach a combined audience of 166 million people around the world.
Join us and work with some of the biggest artists, IP, and fandoms in comics!