Social Media Marketing Intern
At SOREL we offer college students a unique opportunity to join our team and help solve real business problems! Bring your passion and insight to a company that is committed to driving long- term sustainable growth this summer for our 10-week summer internship at our Headquarters in Portland, Oregon! Interns can expect to gain valuable hands-on experience within their department while building partnerships with teams and fellow interns along the way!
- Location: Portland, OR
- Duration: ~10 weeks
- Estimated Date Options: May 24th- August 1st or June 21st to August 29th
SOREL is looking for a qualified social media content creation intern to join our dynamic team. In this position you will report directly to the Global Social Media & Content Manager. You will work closely with them to evaluate our current short form video platforms, and bring a recommendation and execution strategy on video creation that aligns with SOREL’s voice and mission. This role will be responsible for execution of video strategy and must have experience in vertical video creation.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is organized, not afraid of risks, highly creative, and loves piloting new ideas. You should be an ambitious self-starter who is interested in pursuing a marketing or social media management career.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Evaluate current vertical video/social media landscape
- Develop easy-to-execute video strategy
- Demonstrate improvements across video platforms via increase of followers, impressions, engagement, etc.
- Execute on suggested video strategy – self shot.
- Highly creative individual who can take feedback and execute accordingly
- A team player
- Demonstrated knowledge of social platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge of vertical video execution via tiktok + IG Reels
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing landscape within the brand sector (as opposed to sales or ecommerce)
- Current student with one of the following academic standings: Rising Senior, Senior, Graduate/ MBA student
- Degree relevant to the internship you are applying for
- Must be able to participate in 10-week program for either date option provided above
- Must be able to work onsite at our headquarter location for the duration of the internship- interns will partner directly with their managers regarding expectations to work collaboratively in office specified days of the week
NON-LOCAL CANDIDATE CONSIDERATIONS
- Relocation assistance & housing is NOT provided- these costs and arrangements would be the responsibility of the intern for the entirety of the program
Here at SOREL, we believe you are your most powerful tool and the determination you find within is an unstoppable force. SOREL challenges the status quo by creating unexpected footwear that pushes the boundaries of function-first fashion. We stay in motion so you can push yourself forward.
Being part of the SOREL tribe is for the few that dare to draw outside the lines. It’s a culture comprised of individuals audaciously pushing forward as one. New ideas fuel us as we explore the unknown, while never being afraid to charge the edge. SOREL is an institution of creators, doers and leaders who bring the spirit of the boot in everything we make.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.
At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.