Social Media Manager
Naughty Dog is looking to hire a Social Media Manager to join our growing Communications Team.
The Communications Team is the steward of the identity and reputation of Naughty Dog and its portfolio of best-selling, award-winning games. Our team’s area of responsibility encompasses all aspects of external and internal communications by ourselves or in partnership with our colleagues at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE).
This individual will be responsible for managing and ensuring engagement across Naughty Dog’s official channels, such as Twitter, Instagram, Twitch, Facebook and potentially other platforms that help build the Naughty Dog brand and story. We are looking for somebody that wants to continuously evolve to meet the needs of our growing community and are excited about what you can bring to the table. Brings a high level of quality to their own work; pushes for creative ideas; is purposeful and enterprising in problem-solving; embraces diverse trends, skills, specialties, and viewpoints. Focused on continuous improvement and self-development, seeks feedback and incorporates it; is consistently ambitious in setting, tracking, and achieving professional growth goals. Listens, communicates, and collaborates openly to form strong relationships and rally others to achieve common goals. This individual will report directly to Communications Lead.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy that aligns with the overall goals and objectives of Naughty Dog and its various game franchises
- Create engaging and shareable content for social media platforms, including written posts, images, videos, and other multimedia elements
- Monitor and actively respond to comments, messages, and other interactions on social media platforms, to develop and foster a positive relationship between Naughty Dog and our community, and between community members
- Collaborate with the broader Naughty Dog Communications Team and our Sony Interactive Entertainment partners, including Marketing, Public Relations, Content, and others, to ensure that social media efforts support and complement the overall game campaigns
- Analyze performance metrics and use data to optimize and improve the effectiveness of our social media efforts
- Be responsible for reporting social media campaign metrics and effectiveness to key stakeholders in meetings and via dashboards or reports
- Assist in developing social media guidelines and best practices for Naughty Dog employees. Work with relevant partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment to ensure this is compliant, up to date, and relevant to studio
- Stay current on industry trends, conduct competitive research, and make recommendations to ensure our campaigns and tactics are relevant and innovative
- Manage vendor relationships with external agencies, social networks, social analytics software, etc
- Acts as the community’s voice and advocate within the development team, and helps our Leads ensure that Naughty Dog is listening to and reacting appropriately to player feedback
Requirements & Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in social media or social marketing
- Knowledge of strategic social media practices and platforms
- Proficient with third-party social tools for content management, listening, and analytics, such as: Spredfast, Khoros, SocialBakers, Radian6, Sprinklr, etc
- Working knowledge of HTML and web content management systems
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional disciplines
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in graphic and video design software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, etc., to create and publish art assets
- Passion for games, digital, internet, social and interactive entertainment
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location. Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role may be eligible for bonus and SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products.
Please note depending on employment type these benefits may vary.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.