Imperfect is seeking a savvy social media professional to engage and grow Imperfect’s community across our organic social media channels. The ideal candidate is someone who is not only passionate about food, sustainability, and Imperfect’s impact on the world but also understands the power of social media and delivering delightful brand experiences across platforms. We have a solid presence (close to 400K followers on IG!) that we're looking to cultivate and enrich in 2021. As the Social Media Manager, you will fine-tune and manage Imperfect's social media efforts in order to increase our acquisition and awareness efforts.
- Support the Head of Brand in honing Imperfect's social strategy
- Lead the content development process for social channels, emphasizing channel-native concepts
- Manage our social media accounts and tools, executing and optimizing publishing
- Define, report and analyze metrics to formulate measurable insights to guide and optimize social media strategy
- Partner with PR & Partnerships team to help identify, run, and amplify influencer partnerships, offer innovative ideas for activating partnerships on social media, and maximize press hits
- Partner with Customer Care to support and mentor Social Engagement Team on community management strategy, tone, responses, and trends in audience interaction
- Partner with HR to develop employee social media engagement strategy
- Stay up to date on platform updates, industry trends, best practices, competitive research, and early adopter opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4–5 years of direct social media experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, or equivalent experience
- Experience building and executing innovative social media strategies and campaigns across all channels
- Food, CPG, start-up, and/or e-commerce experience preferred
- Experience leading influencer partnerships preferred
- Outstanding writing, grammar, and copy editing skills tailored for social content
- Proficient in social media publishing, measurement tools, data analysis, and reporting
- Confident using Google Suite including Google Sheets
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Innovative problem solver with a finger on the pulse of cultural trends
- Organized with outstanding attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and lead multiple projects without constant supervision
- Strong grasp of storytelling and brand voice
- Able to drive strategy based on data and insights
- A valued teammate who can effectively collaborate across departments
- Passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for everyone
Details of the Position:
- Full-time exempt position, reporting to the Head of Brand
- Candidates based in the San Francisco Bay Area highly preferred
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 30 pounds
Imperfect's commitment to DEI
Imperfect Foods is steadfast in its commitment to being an actively anti-racist company.
We understand that it is necessary to take ownership and accountability for building an equitable workplace where all members of our organization can truly belong. It is our responsibility to ensure that every department at every level of our business reflects the diversity of the world we live in. We aim to achieve this through our hiring practices and by championing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) programming that fosters a supportive work environment where everyone can thrive and have connections across teams.
DEI programming is available for all employees and we highly encourage staff participation. It is only with everyone’s unique perspectives, experiences, and beliefs that we can help shape a culture of belonging and create an environment where all Imperfectionists are celebrated.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
COVID update for on-site employees:
All Imperfect Foods employees must be fully vaccinated to be on-site or at company functions. For roles that require an employee to be on-site to fulfill their job functions: job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status).