Social Media Manager
Marcus Hotels & Resorts is currently seeking a Social Media Marketing Manager to join our talented Milwaukee team! This role will support the Area Director of Marketing in generating innovative marketing strategies and campaigns, primarily focusing on developing digital content through social media, web materials, photo, and video marketing.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn.
What you’ll be doing:
- Participate in the development and execution of comprehensive marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to support the sales & revenue objectives of each organization.
- Manage relationship with digital agency partner and oversee the development of creative for various outputs including but not limited to websites, social media, digital paid media, property digital displays, collateral, photos, videos, and public relations.
- Oversee social media channels including the development of an optimal weekly/monthly/annual posting schedule, plan, and campaigns.
- Source and develop an influencer program and schedule along with facilitating press visits for each property.
- Report on social media and influencer performance and engagement metrics.
- Create social media and influencer campaign recaps tracking KPI’s.
- Manage marketing, promotion, and public relations related to special events.
- Create & develop engaging and unique content (photos, videos, copy) to be used in campaigns across multiple social channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc.
- Establish and maintain consistent hotel and corporate brand voice throughout all promotional events and materials.
- Manage community social engagement, including answering comments and questions, prompting further engagement, escalating issues to department heads, following up on issues, and maintaining community standards.
- Project manage within the marketing team and department shareholders to execute cross-functional campaigns efficiently and on deadline.
- Proactively research, analyze and monitor industry trends and new technology to capitalize on market opportunities and evaluate the success of marketing efforts.
- Manage and write hotel website blogs.
- Develop website content by working closely with business leaders and stakeholders to identify areas of opportunity.
- Strategically plan new ways to attract prospective customers utilizing offers, promotions and/or competitions.
- Work with inter-property departments to ensure digital presence is accurate, current and effective.
- Implement tactics established in the annual marketing plan.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Area Director of Marketing.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree highly desired, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related.
- 3+ years of experience in the marketing field required.
- Experience in a hospitality environment highly desired.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Canva preferred.
- Experience managing social media channels for business preferred.
- Interest in producing short-form video content.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to evaluate various options and quickly make recommendations.
- Highly organized. Multitasking skills and the ability to work independently are a must.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Willingness and eagerness to learn new skills and apply them.
- Professional demeanor.
- Enjoys proactively using their creativity to personalize the guest experience.
- A free, well-balanced meal every shift
- Room discounts at Marcus Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Branded Hotels and Historic Hotels of America properties
- Discounts at Marcus Hotels & Resorts restaurants, golfing, skiing and spa
- Free parking
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (offered after 30 days of employment), company-paid life insurance, employee assistance program offer and 401k with employer match
Who We Are:
A division of The Marcus Corporation, Marcus Hotels & Resorts has a rich 60 year history of operational and service excellence. We are “People Pleasing People” who strive daily to create extraordinary experiences for guests and associates alike. Focused on expanding our U.S. based portfolio of 15 hotels and resorts, our properties are known for their unique character and style.
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Marcus Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.