Social Media Manager
Reporting to the Exec. Director, Digital Communications, the Social Media Manager will have the opportunity to be part of a growing team developing digital and social media communications for a science-led, global biopharmaceutical company. From concept through execution, the Social Media Manager will help develop social media plans and social media content that bring our corporate brand and key messages to life across our social media channels, paid social advertising, and other audience touchpoints. The Digital Communications Team sits within a high-performing, high-energy, fun, and collaborative Corporate Communications Team.
The ideal candidate will have previously worked in a fast-paced corporate communications or agency environment and embrace the opportunity to own the corporate social media program end-to-end. They are equally comfortable in strategic and hands-on capacities, and will possess the creativity, flexibility, and the project management capabilities necessary to play a central role on the Digital Communications team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own the end-to-end management of BioCryst’s corporate social media accounts, including editorial calendars, copywriting, creative asset development, multi-step approval process, post scheduling, paid promotional campaigns, issues monitoring and escalation, community management, and analytics reporting
- Own the end-to-end management of all country/local and Talent Acquisition social media campaigns, (triage requests, draft/review content, manage creative asset development and multi-step review process, execute paid promotion, and produce post-campaign analytics reports)
- Maintain constant pulse on digital events, identifying trends, threats, and opportunities to help drive strategy
- Evaluate KPIs and leverage benchmarks to drive performance indicators, determine platform purpose, evolution, and content creation
- Manage vendor budgets, SOWs, and invoices, as appropriate
- Manage MLR/PRC material submission and review process for various corporate materials as needed
- Work seamlessly with our vendor partners in graphic design, video, web design, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or other related field plus a minimum of 5 years of experience in social media content creation, corporate communications, or a public relations agency working in social media, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in pharma/biotech or other life sciences industry with familiarity of U.S. social media regulatory considerations for Corporate social media content required
- Experience being directly responsible for social media content creation for multiple channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.), developing and managing social media editorial calendars and managing campaigns natively on social platforms is required
- Experience designing, implementing, and analyzing paid promotional campaigns on social media platforms required
- Hands-on experience with social media management systems (e.g., Social Studio, Sprinklr) required
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud platforms strongly preferred
- Experience working with a senior leader to develop strategies that meet business needs and take advantage of market opportunities.
- Appreciation of a patient-centered mission
- Ability to work independently, jump into a fast-moving environment and absorb information quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills and integrity, and the ability to build relationships and establish credibility at all levels
- Comfort in a fast-moving environment with frequent changes in scope or direction of projects
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
The statements in this position description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. The manager may assign additional responsibilities and assignments from time to time.
BioCryst is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veterans status, disability and/or other protected class characteristics. Additionally, BioCryst is committed to achieving its business objectives in compliance with all federal, state and local law.
BioCryst requires all U.S. based employees to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or (b) obtain an approved exemption as an accommodation. Proof of vaccination or an approved exemption form is required after a conditional job offer has been made to the applicant and prior to the start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at BioCryst, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a physical BioCryst location or is fully remote.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)