Job Title: Social Media Manager
Employment type: Full time
Location: Toronto preferred, but this location is remote
Application Closing Date: September 14, 2021 — 5pm EST
Girlboss is a community of strong, curious, and ambitious women redefining success on our own terms. We hope to inform, entertain, and inspire action through the content and experiences we create. We are unapologetic in our beliefs and values of supporting girls and women who are chasing dreams both big and small in a shame-free zone.
We believe in transparency and feedback, taking extreme ownership, being positive problem solvers and infinite learners, under promising and over delivering and having fun along the way.
Girlboss is looking for an Instagram expert to join our content team as the Social Media Manager. This isn’t your typical social-media manager job: with over 2 million followers across several platforms, this is a unique opportunity to make your mark and empower women in their careers through relatable, humorous, and educational content.
We are looking for someone who lives and breathes Instagram, is comfortable being on camera, and has the knowledge and passion to become an industry leader in the world of visual marketing. So if you love designing stories, spotting trends and staying up-to-date on the latest events, this is the job for you!
The Girlboss content team is growing quickly and we’re looking for a creative and innovative person to own the social media strategy, drive traffic to owned media channels like the newsletter, blog, and podcast, and grow our brand through Instagram, Instagram Stories, TikTok, Youtube, Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. In addition to growing the Girlboss brand on social, you’ll also be conceptualizing and creating branded content for our partners.
You should have experience establishing, building and growing a brand on Instagram, be comfortable on camera, have a passion for intersectional feminism and the desire to use social media as a tool of empowerment that helps women feel seen.
- Conceptualize and execute organic social media strategy to grow the Girlboss brand, drive traffic and engage our audience, with support from the content team
- Schedule social media posts for Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Design on-brand assets for Instagram including stories, ads, and feed posts with support from the content team
- Curate on-brand, best-in-class user-generated content (including tweets and TikToks) to share across Girlboss social channels
- Stay on top of current events and pop-culture news and know how to leverage news-y, buzzy happenings for Girlboss social channels
- Analyze content performance and make adjustments/recommendations based on data
- Put together monthly dashboards to share social wins, growth stats and insights with senior leadership
- Brief design and video teams, clip videos and podcast episodes into social media sound bites and feed posts
- Participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly editorial brainstorms
- Optimize Youtube videos for search traffic to grow the channel
- Maintain the Girlboss brand identity across social
- Work with Instagram influencers on takeovers and campaigns
- Ideate concepts and create content for brand partners on social
- Build out Pinterest channel for driving traffic and acquiring users
- Provide social media support by replying to comments and DMs
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years in media/community management with 2+ in a platform management role
- You have built and grown a brand on Instagram
- You’re always on top of the latest social media features, news, and trends
- You have an understanding of TikTok and how to show up natively on the platform
- You’re comfortable on camera and speaking on Instagram Stories
- You’re a pro at Instagram captions
- You have a strong eye for what’s on-brand and fits an aesthetic
- You have an intuitive understanding of themes and topics that matter to ambitious and career-driven women
- You don’t have to be a Photoshop expert, but you are able to design Instagram Stories through Canva templates
- You love creating content, but you can also understand the data and numbers behind them and report on KPIs
- You are a creative thinker who is comfortable working both independently and in a team
- Bonus skills: experience with animation or video production, ad agency experience
Don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyway! We are growing fast and hiring currently for multiple positions. We look for core values alignment first and foremost. If you believe you have the grit and curiosity to be successful in this role, we’d love to hear from you.
Girlboss is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on legally protected classes in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws including ethnic origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and gender identity/gender expression. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please reach out to the hiring manager.
We thank you for considering this opportunity and thank everyone who took the time to apply. Please note that due to the high level of applicants only successful applicants will be notified. We appreciate your patience as we review all applications