Social Media Manager
We are looking for a social native, who is a dynamic self-starter with a strong sense of ownership. Must have prior experience working on B2B and B2C social strategies with an avid interest the built environment, sustainability or community development. From San Francisco to Spain and even Singapore – this is a truly global role where you will be working with stakeholders who make up our 80+ local ULI chapters (called District Councils and National Councils) and have a combined membership base of 47,000+ members across the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific regions.
The Manager, Social Media, is responsible for bringing ULI’s mission – shaping the future of the built environment for transformative impact in communities worldwide – to life across our global social media channels in the most engaging and innovative ways. Reporting to the Senior Director, Social Media, the Manager, Social Media, will inform and execute ULI’s global social media strategy by putting ULI members and their transformative work into the heart of our social channels. You will be sourcing stories of local and regional impact, leveraging thumb-stopping content and engaging our passionate community to positively shape the ULI member experience and strengthen our brand on a global scale.
This is a hybrid, full-time, exempt position, based in Washington, DC. This position is also open to remote candidates.
- Manage and enhance the inclusion of UGC and earned media into ULI’s global social planner – sourcing, positioning and publishing relevant and shareable content from our members, industry thought leaders, media partners, and network of councils across ULI’s primary social media feeds (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn amongst others).
- Create new content ideas and opportunities to communicate with global and diverse audiences in a compelling and engaging way – connecting the dots between global, regional and local initiatives, cultural moments in time, and community conversations to foster a sense of inclusivity and connectivity.
- Work with agency partners to conduct regular council social media audits, providing training and coaching to local stakeholders, encouraging adoption of best-in-class social media practices, identifying opportunities to optimize brand consistency and increase ULI’s SOV.
- Work with internal Branding team to create and upload ready-made social media toolkits, templates and assets to Content Libraries for stakeholders to utilize, regularly managing and reviewing asset usage, including cascading content updates to key channel owners for weekly council network eblasts.
- Support with organic publishing and community management across ULI global platforms, working with cross-departmental teams to create compelling conversations, respond to user comments/queries, increase user participation and provide a voice of authority on industry topics within the online community.
- In conjunction with the Senior Director, Social Media, develop and implement a Brand Advocacy Program, working with global stakeholders and thought leaders to amplify the ULI brand through our channels, as well as build and manage a target list of key influencers/content creators to increase engagement and advocacy.
- Provide social media analytics to effectively advise internal clients on content performance when required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field related to marketing, branding, communications or advertising or equivalent experience.
- 4-5years of relevant social media experience, preferably within a multi-national organization, membership association, B2B client, agency or “in-house” environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Meta Business Manager (Facebook and Instagram), LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
- Proven hands-on experience of social media content management and production, using publishing, curation, monitoring and reporting tools such as Hootsuite and Brandwatch (Meltwater and Sprinklr also beneficial).
- Thorough knowledge of social metrics and social media reporting tools, with the ability to measure, analyze and evaluate content performance on social media platforms, to continually enhance communications.
- Superbly organized and effectively prioritize activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and position content – both visual and written.
- Comfortable with managing projects and priorities across multiple time zones.
- Understanding of new and emerging product innovations and latest trends and development in social media to support in the creation of engaging content that resonates.
- TikTok, Snapchat, WeChat and any paid digital media experience a plus.
- Experience in transcreation a plus.
- Availability to travel to major domestic and international conferences (minimum two per year) and additional events hosted by ULI.
ULI has a robust benefits package that includes health, dental, and life insurance; vacation leave; and a retirement plan. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please follow the link below. Please submit a résumé and a letter of interest.
ULI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active military status, alienage or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sexual violence, or any other status protected by applicable law.
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.