Social Media Manager
*Will consider highly qualified candidates from additional locations. This position will take part in Elevance Health's hybrid work model which includes remote work and 0-3 days in office per month.
The Social Media Manager is a new role reporting to the director of enterprise social media strategy and is responsible for managing the communications strategy for large strategic groups.
You will partner with key stakeholders to create and execute social media strategy that supports integrated marketing, communication and content strategy for the Elevance Health consumer audience.
How You Will Make an Impact
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Defines and establishes appropriate communication strategies and timelines to support corporate and operational initiatives.
- Develops materials, and develops communications.
- Creates and maintains departmental communication projects and materials, and assists in production and distribution.
- Explores and implements additional ways to promote additional programs.
- Manages the account web site, training and communications to the account and the operations and implementation team.
- Trains service operations and internal clients on policy changes through training materials, hands-on training and ongoing updates.
- Social media subject matter expert, particularly for consumer-oriented channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok. Mastery of platform features, including paid and organic.
- Partners with marketing and brand on integrated paid campaigns; develops in stream paid and organic strategy. Work with media agency, but also execute smaller campaigns for efficiency.
- Develop social media strategy in support of marketing/communications goals. Works with marketing/comms to identify opportunities and secure resources; evaluate the launch of new pages/profiles.
- Executes social media strategy. Owns and optimizes publishing calendar.
- SME on social media communities and audiences. Moderates communities; gathers and responds to inquiries, maintains community standards in accordance with policy.
- Reports on community health: growth, engagement, trends. Drives insights back into strategy development.
Requires a BA/BS degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences
- Experience with B2C audiences highly preferred.
- Data, healthcare industry, financial services and/or ad agency experience preferred.
- Prior experience in communications and marketing in a health care environment preferred.
- Excellent communication.
- Ability to analyze opportunities and present objectives and desired outcomes to leadership with effective storytelling (verbal and written form).
- Possess a strategic and business-forward approach. Understand how to work towards broad business objectives and navigate in an ambiguous business setting.
- Ability to roll up the sleeves to drive towards the key business outcomes.
- Relationship builder and results oriented.
- Forms relationships and can influence decisions through compelling data and communication.
- Experience working in a matrix organization.
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $80,960-$145,728.
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws .
- The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
EEO is the Law
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Please use the links below to review statements of protection from discrimination under Federal law for job applicants and employees.
- EEO Policy Statement
- Know Your Rights
- Pay Transparency
- Privacy Notice for California Residents
Elevance Health, Inc. is anE-verify Employer