Social Media Manager
San Jose, CA
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Social Media Manager dedicated to PayPal's TikTok channelJob
We are looking for an experienced social media manager to play a pivotal role in the management of PayPal’s social media channels, with a specific focus on TikTok. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can hit the ground running, working to adapt PayPal’s marketing strategy for TikTok and leading the launch of this new channel within PayPal’s social media portfolio.
This role is responsible for the day-to-day management of PayPal’s global TikTok accounts, including planning, scheduling and publishing content, as well as serving as a key contact for internal stakeholders and external agencies to deliver best-in-class social media work that engages and inspires our followers.
- Design and implement PayPal’s global TikTok strategy including content ideation, creation, posting and community management.
- Responsible for management of the editorial calendar, some content production, scheduling content and quality assurance.
- Serve as a key point of contact with creative agencies, influencers and content creators, providingstrategic guidance, ideas and feedback during content development process. Act as the conduit between the partners and internal stakeholders and responsible for quality assurance upon delivery of all final assets.
- Own the legal review process for all TikTok content and responsible for ensuring all legal feedback is properly addressed.
- Own and distribute monthly channel and content reporting to demonstrate channel growth, engagement, and optimization plans. Develop and maintain specific TikTok benchmarks and metrics to ensure a high performance focus.
- Primary POC for external community management agency, providing guidance and approval on engagements.
- Acts as a key point of contact for cross-functional teams, including consumer marketing, merchant marketing, corporate communications, brand communications, talent acquisition and customer service.
- 5-7 years of experience in social media marketing; experience specifically managing and creating content on TikTok for a brand is strongly preferred.
A Social Maven
- An "expert" in the online space, with a strong eye for social trends and platforms developments
- A digital native who is comfortable translating messaging to live naturally in social spaces, while adhering to channel best practices
- An experienced content creator, with capability to both produce video assets and video concepts for agency or content-creator execution
A Great Conversationalist
- Ability to adhere to brand voice and values to interact in an engaging, conversational, professionaltone
- Team player across functions and borders - collaborative, consultative, collegiate and willing to navigate a complex organization
- Self-driven, hard-working and resourceful
- Impeccable attention to detail, very high-quality standards and robust principles when it comes to content quality and brand integrity
A Creative and Analytical Thinker
- Ability to brainstorm and suggest ideas for social content, both planned and in the moment
- Experience with social media reporting and analysis; ability to identify trends and insights and use them to make recommendations
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is $52800 to $136510
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Any general requests for consideration of your skills, please Join Our Talent Community.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Notice to Applicants and Employees who reside within New York City. Click here to view the notice.