Social Media Manager
Surf Air Mobility represents the sense of adventure, discovery, and gateway to new possibilities – where entrepreneurship is a cult and changes the way people experience the world. We want to turn the world of aviation on its head and believe the only way to do so is by being bold and new. Nothing is sacred and in fact we want to change everything that slows people down. Innovation and creativity are what we thrive on.
Surf Air is seeking an accomplished Social Media Manager to join its Marketing team and help disrupt the air travel industry. The Social Media Manager will own the day-to-day responsibilities of all social media & content distribution channels and support all content & creative production and planning. The right candidate will have direct experience maintaining social media channels, creating video, photography, written, and design-forward content, has a strong sense of brand and storytelling, and is interested in learning additional responsibilities as is necessary to help achieve the goals of the company.
With 2-4 years experience managing various content related initiatives, the Social Media Manager will report to the VP of Marketing and work well alongside the rest of the Marketing and Brand team. The ideal candidate thinks strategically about campaigns and understands how every channel helps tell Surf Air’s unique story. The Social Media Manager will adhere to a clear set of KPIs and will be both creative and analytical in their approach to Surf Air’s content strategy.
- Manage and maintain all social media channels, with an emphasis on Instagram, TikTok, and Youtube
- Help develop the content strategy, executing on broader marketing themes and brand vision
- Provide creative direction and support the production of all content: video, photography, graphics, longform written, etc
- Support partnership coordination related to social and content
- Manage a content budget
- Measure results and KPIs and adhere to reporting best practices
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant stakeholders are kept well informed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Entrepreneurial spirit: We are a growing organization and need team members who thrive in a rapidly changing environment. Flexibility and a demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, while managing multiple priorities and projects in a fast paced, innovative organization.
- Customer focus: A demonstrated track record of proactively engaging leaders and employees of all levels with a strong degree of professional maturity and the ability to influence outcomes is essential.
- Strong communication skills: Excellent verbal and written skills with an ability to effectively work with all level and leadership styles. Strong business acumen with proven experience translating business needs into actions that will move the business forward.
- Enthusiasm: High energy level with driving sense of urgency and continuous improvement mindset along with a strong desire and ability to mentor and coach.
- Project management skills: Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, that require cross-functional collaboration.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree of equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strong Copywriter
- Strong sense of brand
- Strong creative, design, and visual editing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or Google Suite products
- Video editing
- Presentation and deck designing
Pay: $50,000-85,000/yr + Bonus
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.