Social Media Manager
What We Do 🏊♂️
Swimply is an online marketplace that allows owners of underutilized swimming pools to monetize their pools’ downtime by sharing them locally by the hour. Think Airbnb, but for swimming pools.
How We Started 🤽🏼♂️
Swimply was founded by Bunim Laskin in 2019. As the eldest of 12 siblings and lacking resources for his family to escape the heat, Bunim thought of offering his neighbor financial assistance in exchange for some pool time. Before long, others in the community cut similar deals with her and she was turning a handsome profit. The rest is history.
As Swimply’s Social Media Manager, you’ll be tasked with bringing our social media strategies to life with local flair and in a way that reinforces our brand and values, and showcases the stories of our community and team. You’ll be an integral part of the marketing leadership team, working closely with peers across brand marketing, creative, PR, paid media, growth marketing and more to drive brand awareness, bookings and engagement across surrounding our startup app. We’re looking for a strategic thinker and storyteller who can build impactful social media strategy across all major platforms that can ultimately be scaled to a social media team as we grow in the near future.
- You’ll live and breathe social and cultural trends and be a fountain of knowledge when it comes to social platforms, viral campaigns, emerging conversations, brands, tools and social insights.
- You have excellent written, visual and verbal communication skills, the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- You’ll be a motivated self-starter with the ability to drive stakeholder collaboration and be a key contributor to Swimply’s company culture of hardworking fun.
- You’ll be a creative and strategic storyteller with experience executing across all social media platforms. You’ll be a risk-taker, embrace experimenting with new ideas, thrive in ambiguity and love big challenges.
- You’ll eventually be responsible for leading, nurturing and building the social media team for Swimply.
- Own the development of a strategic social media marketing plan and its associated budget across campaigns and channels.
- Build and scale our social media strategy to drive awareness and affinity for the Swimply brand.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams such as marketing and creative to deliver a clear voice across all marketing channels.
- Understand and analyze community, cultural, entertainment and market trends to inform strategic and creative content development and deliver best in class content.
- Establish and maintain a tone of voice on social that embodies Swimply’s brand and tells our company story.
- Work with agencies, publishers, platforms, and other partners with the goal to find fast, creative and efficient ways to build, execute and measure innovative social media marketing plans that connect with customers, maximize engagement and create sharing, talk value and advocacy.
- Lead the development and direct the implementation of a wide range of content forms, including video, text, still imagery, animation, and other content forms that best utilize the technology available on any given social media/digital platform.
- Work collaboratively with Swimply teams across business units to develop and execute creative ideas, digital plans and marketing strategies.
- Own the content development relationships with TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Expand Swimply’s presence to new channels such as YouTube, Pinterest, SnapChat, LinkedIn, and others.
- Provide inspirational and creative thought leadership on ways to reach and gain attention of both target audiences and new audiences on social media.
- Plan and manage campaign executions on time, on budget, and to scope.
- Establish repeatable operational methodologies and mechanisms that enable frugal, fast and responsive content development and distribution.
- BS in relevant discipline
- 5+ years experience in social media marketing and creative development
- 5+ years of management experience
- A passion for building engaged and inclusive social communities
- A strategic thinker who can deliver from plan through to execution
- A love for data and the ability to make data-driven decisions
- A self-starter with tenacity for execution and delivery.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working at a startup company or an app is preferred but not required
Our company is fully remote, and we're assembling a team of extraordinary talent to build our community-driven marketplace. We aim to deliver meaningful income to hosts and create more happiness in the world for local communities.
It's an excellent time to join because:
- You’ll be getting in on the ground floor to make a key impact at a consumer marketplace startup that is experiencing rocket ship growth
- You’ll play a critical role in building Swimply from the ground up, including influencing our company culture, core values, and who we end up hiring
- You’ll experience massive growth opportunities as the company grows and matures
- You’ll be part of a team that is mission-driven, works hard, plays hard (generally in and around swimming pools 😎), and is in service to our community of hosts and guests
- You’ll be working directly with the founders and an executive team that has startup experience and scaled billion dollar companies