Social Media Manager
Babylist is seeking a Social Media Manager. You’ll lead the strategy and end-to-end execution of several of our social media channels, building a strong presence that is the best representation of our brand while delivering measurable engagement and growth.
As our Social Media Manager you’ll get to…
- Constantly show off your creativity. Every day brings a fresh challenge to inspire users in new ways, with no two weeks the same.
- Launch new, great ideas quickly (we’re not bogged down in layers of management).
- Be on the front lines of making a positive impact on expecting parents’ lives.
- Work from anywhere!
The ideal candidate is curious, driven, results-oriented, and has experience with end-to-end social media management, as well as identifying and working with influencers and creators.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll define and implement a clear, strategic vision for Babylist’s social media (with emphasis on Instagram and Facebook) to educate, inform, and entertain our target audiences.
- You’ll propel social media follower growth, engagement, website traffic, and overall brand awareness.
- You’ll be hands-on, executing the strategy by owning the content calendar: curating, writing captions, coordinating production with the design team, and otherwise managing, scheduling, and publishing all content.
- You’ll identify the right influencers and UGC that equally serves our users and business goals.
- You’ll coordinate cross-functionally including with our partnerships, customer service, production/design, merchandising, and more.
- You’ll identify areas of opportunity and brainstorm campaigns and giveaways to up-level our social media.
- You’ll listen to our community to constantly innovate and evolve our content.
- You’ll monitor, measure, and report on performance analytics, and adjust strategy to optimize results.
Who You Are
- You are someone who lives and breathes social media. You get lost there for hours, are on top of the latest trends, and are a master of algorithms and native tools.
- You’re a passionate storyteller who can captivate and engage an audience.
- You’ve successfully led social media content for a consumer brand.
- You’ve managed a stable of influencers/creators/brand ambassadors and understand the demands and benefits of working with freelancers.
- You are constantly seeking ways to engage new audiences and are always up-to-date on what’s happening in social media.
- You value quality but you’re not paralyzed by perfection. You can launch new, creative ideas quickly and iterate constantly using data.
- You have a “go viral” mentality and know-how to maximize content for sharing and engagement.
- You navigate confidently through changing priorities and directions and can operate successfully with minimal direction.
- You have a “no task too small” attitude and can roll up your sleeves to get the job done when needed.
What You’ve Done
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in managing B2C social media channel(s) with 500K+ followers
- Experience in working with social content creators and influencers.
- Experience evaluating social media analytics and adapting strategy and tactics
- Managed and optimized a social media marketing budget.
- Generated visual/graphic content for social media/web (Photoshop, Figma, or equivalent).
- Proven track record in generating and/or publishing thumb-stopping user-centric content creation and growing social media channels.
- Used data and social analytics to develop and defend your strategic content decisions and experiments.
- You’ve demonstrated exceptional organizational, multitasking, and teamwork skills.
- Experience in the expecting parent/parenting space is a BONUS
- Experience with Pinterest management is a BONUS.
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We are a remote-first company and invest in infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are committed to providing an actively antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company-paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with a company match
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental, and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning