Social Media Lead
To be successful, you will need to possess these basic qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- 4+ years of professional experience.
- Prior professional experience building strategic relationships internally and externally key stakeholders.
- Previous professional experience with Martech tools, Sprinklr, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), and/or Google Analytics.
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
E4323:Communications Rep Sr
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for government and commercial customers. Connecting people. Advancing discovery. And protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide.
What does this role look like?
We Do Space at Lockheed Martin. Eleven Mars-bound orbiters and landers. The next human-rated spacecraft destined for the Moon and beyond. The first-ever comet sample return. The first 3D-printed parts in deep space. More interplanetary spacecraft than any other U.S. company. And we’re just getting started. Now we need your help in telling our story to the world.
The Lockheed Martin Space Communications team is seeking an energetic, creative and project-oriented social media lead to manage our storytelling on brand social channels as part of our Business & Brand Communications team.
This role will offer you the following daily challenges:
- Plan and execute Lockheed Martin Space’s presence on all brand social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, and Instagram, and serve as webmaster for Space web pages.
- Oversee day-to-day management of campaigns and ensure brand consistency.
- Expertise in organic as well as paid social media strategy and execution.
- Ensure brand consistency in copy, tone, voice and terminology.
- Create actionable plan and editorial calendar to grow and maintain followers on social media platforms.
- Communicate and educate personnel on social media best practices and rules of engagement.
- Must be able to work under very general supervision. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals by performing tasks requiring discretion and general knowledge and ability.
- Partner across Enterprise Operations and Space Communications to develop meaningful content.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Responsible for collecting and reporting social media metrics and data analysis.
- Refers to policies and practices for guidance.
Although this position does support some teleworking; the preferred candidate will be located near our Lockheed Martin Space facility in Denver, Colorado , and be expected to work in the office as needed and as appropriate.
To be successful, ideally, you should also have:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 6 years of professional experience; or 4 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Proven exceptional strategic communication skills, both written, verbal, and presentation, to effectively communicate business cases to all levels of peers, suppliers, as well as program and executive management, with an ability to persuade and motivate action.
- Candidate should possess attention to detail, ability to multi-task and project manage, as well as a positive, proactive attitude.
- Strong writing skills are a must and samples will be requested.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to connect multiple activities into a single narrative.
- Comfortable interfacing with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit, and able to work well under deadline and adapt to evolving circumstances.
- Strong storytelling skills, experience landing narratives across multiple audiences including employees, customers and media outlets.
PLEASE NOTE-Other important information:
- By applying to this role, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities, within Lockheed Martin, where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match.
- Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Benefits of Employment:
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
We are creating a better today and tomorrow by seamlessly aligning diversity and inclusion efforts with Lockheed Martin’s values and business strategy. We offer business resource groups such as African American Council for Excellence (AACE), The Women’s Impact Network (WIN), Hispanic Organization for Leadership & Awareness (HOLA), Military/Veterans Network, PRIDE LGBT Professional Network, and more. We are also committed to enabling transitioning veterans to connect with their communities and find new purpose as they reintegrate into civilian life. By clicking on the links, you can find out more on how we proudly support Global Diversity and Hiring Our Heroes
At Space we value your skills, training, and education. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee… join us to experience your future!
Other Important Information
By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to work remotely
Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Select the Telework classification for this position
Employee will telework < 50%
Ability to Telecommute
Part time telecommuting
Work Schedule Information
Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
9x80 every other Friday off
LMCareers Business Unit
Relocation/Housing Stipend Available
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Colorado Pay Statement
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $72,400 - $120,600 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligible