Social Media Lead
WeWork is seeking a seasoned Social Media Lead to join our Marketing team. Responsibilities include content creation, distribution, calendar management, and community engagement across all major social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook and TikTok. Additionally the Social Media Lead will be responsible for regular reporting on performance, helping advise on strategy to achieve team goals of brand consideration, engagement, and conversion. As a member of the Marketing team, this role will help to support and execute creative content that benefits WeWork’s business.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of visual storytelling, a creative interest in taking the written word and translating it into compelling social media friendly content, and expert attention to detail. They love social listening and finding new ways to engage with our vibrant community of members and prospective members. They will bring an entrepreneurial approach to the role and will have a high level of comfort with navigating personalities and team dynamics in a fast-moving and fluid environment. A candidate with excellent communication, and relationship management skills; sound judgment; and a passion for knowing what is on trend while remaining on brand will thrive in this role.
This role will report to the Sr. Manager, Social Media and work closely with the Social Media Producer.
- Create, schedule, and distribute social media content for TW, LI, FB, IG, IG Stories, and TikTok (formats include graphics, GIFS, short-form video, text)
- Write social-first caption copy for WeWork’s social media channels
- Elevate written content from WeWork’s Ideas editorial hub for distribution on social platforms
- Curate relevant press, research studies, and UGC for repackaging and distribution on owned social channels
- Help identify relevant influencer or stand out personalities to partner with
- Monitor owned social accounts for dialogue with prospective new members and engage in down funnel focused conversation
- Engage with employee, member, and influencer content on social platforms
- Respond to questions and comments on owned social platforms
- Monitor and analyze social performance (on platform engagement/impressions and down funnel conversion metrics)
- Utilize performance data to advise team on strategic decisions to meet department goals
- Prepare weekly reports for leadership
Operations and leadership
- Own operations and management of editorial calendar
- Support management of social media assets including style guides, logos, templates, etc
- Assist in and occasionally lead creative sessions with social media team and partner groups including other marketing channels and brand creative departments
- 3-5 years of experience in social media management for a brand or media publication.
- Proven experience creating original visually engaging content for social media platforms (graphics, short form video, GIFS, etc)
- Strong command of social-first copy; writing experience is a plus
- Strong organizational skills, with experience implementing processes and operations
- Experience in transforming longform editorial content into short form social media friendly storytelling
- Experience in moderation across multiple platforms simultaneously
- Demonstrated understanding of varying audience demographics, needs, and preferences across different social media platforms
- Experience in navigating crisis management communications through social media platforms
- Excellent writing, communication, and reading comprehension skills
- Proactive, driven, and creative, with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work cross-functionally across multiple teams
- Strong facility with Adobe Creative Suite with an emphasis on Photoshop and Illustrator
- Passion for creative storytelling with a purpose, and a sense of humor!
- Must be able and willing to work at our New York HQ
Life At WeWork
Being a WeWorker is more than just a job. We believe the magic of work is sparked by the passion you bring, the places you go, the people you meet and the purpose you follow. And it starts here. Here you will brush shoulders with those who dare to dream and do. Here you will be welcomed by a diverse community that embraces and inspires you—because together we can achieve more. Here we challenge ideas, and explore new ways of getting things done. Whether you are part of our Employee Community Groups, or part of a global project, we ask you to bring your open-minded attitude and collaborative spirit. In return, you will be part of a team where your unique perspectives are celebrated.
WeWork is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil status, pregnancy (or pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender reassignment, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including genetic testing and characteristics), military or veteran status, or any other grounds or characteristic that is protected under the law.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, WeWork — like a growing number of employers — is requiring all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, absent a legal exception for reasonable accommodation. We provide unvaccinated new hires a 45-day grace period after their start date to get fully vaccinated or, if eligible, obtain a reasonable accommodation. If you believe that a legal exception may apply to you, please still apply for any role(s) you are interested in and, if you are hired, you will receive instructions on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. Please note that roles that require in-person work — currently, within our Community (excluding Member Experience), Facilities Management (including Security), Sales (excluding Sales Ops), and Member Technology teams — will not be eligible for work-from-home as an accommodation because it poses an undue hardship on our business.