To cultivate and maintain relationships with social media influencers with the goal of creating exciting and dynamic partnerships and content and furthering the discussion around animal rights. We’re seeking someone based in the Los Angeles area so that you can be in the heart of the action.
Who is PETA’s social team?
Our social media team is comprised of individuals who strategize and create engaging content that helps spread awareness for animals in need, as well as correspondents who communicate with hundreds of curious people online every single day. In 2018, we were named PR News’ Best Social Media Team, in 2019 we won Audience Honor in the Shorty Awards meme category and Honorable Mentions in PR News’ Social Shake Up Show, and in 2020 we were named one of the top five social teams in the U.S. by the Webby Awards.
Our work has been featured in countless media outlets from Late Night with Seth Meyers to CNN to BuzzFeed to the Late Show with Stephen Colbert. One single post on one of our accounts can often reach over one million people, so there is no question that if you join our team you will be making an impact.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Seek out and develop professional relationships with influencers and their entourages across social media platforms in order to set up cross-promotional partnerships
- Stay on top of social media trends from the latest TikTok dance to the newest Instagram aesthetic and use them as inspiration to devise ways to encourage animal rights action for influencers
- Develop and oversee influencer experiences, events, and unboxing campaigns from start to finish—inclusive of concept development, execution, influencer communication, expense management, and event reporting
- Identify and pursue opportunities for influencer outreach, attending performances, festivals, and social media events, virtually and in-person when possible
- Attend brainstorms and weekly meetings with various departments to identify outreach and promo opportunities, discuss new and upcoming campaigns, and plan content
- Track, measure, and analyze performance across influencer marketing efforts to identify and share key learnings and insights
- Maintain a database of influencer contacts and engagement
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Degree in a related field or relevant experience
- Prior social media marketing experience working with artists, brands, celebrities, or social media influencers
- You will need to have extensive knowledge of and interest in current trends
- You must know PETA campaigns and animal rights issues inside and out
- You must support PETA's philosophy and have the ability to advocate our positions on issues professionally
- You must have a working knowledge of social media influencers and an eye for seeking out influencers who are under the radar
- You must have experience creating content that has a point of view and demonstrates knowledge of current trends, including video and photo content
- You'll be working quickly and navigating a large organization with many goals. We need a go-getter with a passion to work both independently and as part of a team
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You must have the proven ability to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks, work well under pressure, and meet deadlines
- You have to be willing and able to travel when needed
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid U.S. driver's license, a minimum of three years of driving experience, and a satisfactory driving record
- Must have a car and the ability to drive for work
- COVID-19 full vaccination and booster recommended
The hourly pay range for this position is $23.00 - $24.00 per hour. The ultimate hourly pay within this range that will be offered to a qualified candidate will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and the cost of living in the area in which the candidate will live and work.
A list of benefits available to qualified employees is available here.