Social Media Engagement & Content Creator
In 2018, Mars Wrigley brought US social media strategy and content production in-house and created The Digital Hive. The team has since grown to lead ALL social media, dCom and key Shopper Marketing content.
In 2021, we’re optimizing the social strategist role to specialize on building engaged communities via best-in-class community management, brand interactions and real-time & planned organic content that delivers on brand voice and objectives across all social platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest, Twitch & TikTok).
This role reports into the head of the social/digital content with a dotted line into the Social & Digital Media manager (who oversees all digital paid/organic content across social, dCom, shopper, websites & digital partnerships). This role partners daily with the content production team in ideations, concept planning and content briefings for all organic content. The key stakeholders/clients for this role are the various brand teams across core, seasonal and ice cream.
- Work in collaboration with the Hive to create engaging, always on social media one-off & campaign content that meet required brand guidelines and communication objectives. Content will act on trends and insight to drive brand love and conversion. Priority platforms are TWITTER and TIKTOK with possibility for DISCORD as well.
- Building a highly engaged fanbase on brand’s twitter account through proactive/real-time tweeting and fan responses. Create clever, witty and engaging text-based content/banter that also delivers on brand voice.
- Create engaging, authentic and breakthrough TikTok content for our various brands. Be comfortable both on and off camera. Ensure content ladders up to brand objectives and voice.
- Manage project timelines for all organic content across Facebook/Instagram (created by production team): understanding marketing objectives from brand team, leading briefs to the content production team, keeping production on track, managing client expectations, leading reviews & approvals, global sharing, and digital asset management via DAM.
- Develop and execute plans for building a highly engaged fanbase for our brands. Position our brands as influencers and provide fans with the content and interactions they want.
- Lead social listening & metric analysis/reporting to harvest insights for future content ideas and maximizing content performance.
- Manage day to day planned and reactive organic content creation and development of monthly content calendars in close partnership with other content creators with input from, brand teams and agency teams.
- Assist in reviews, approval and community management of paid content pushed from brand social channels.
- Lead BIC community management and consumer care (with support from a Social Assistant) for assigned brands.
- Respond to organic social briefs (and assist in paid briefs) that come into the US Content Team from brand marketing. Bring larger IAT activations to life organically on our social channels.
- Be the key liaison for organic content with our main stakeholders across the business including Corporate Affairs, Consumer Care, Digital Commerce, Legal/Trademark & Brand Marketing. Partner closely with Social & Digital Manager to ensure we are integrated in our approach to social across all other digital touchpoints (dCom, Shopper, Websites & Digital Partnerships)
- Be the social and digital brand guardians for MW who know the brands they work on inside out and how to engage their audiences online whilst adhering to the required guidelines, regulation and ways of working (including but not limited to health and wellness, marketing code etc)
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor degree required. 2+ years Social Media Community Management and/or social content experience at brand or agency. National CPG Brand experience highly preferred
- Quick wit & humor and able to engage in real-time social conversation across various pop-culture topics. Editorial content and copywriting experience preferred
- Able to leverage insights to write strategic creative concepts that translate brand objectives into strong socially optimized content.
- Solid experience using social listening and social analytics tools, interpreting the data and communicating it out user-friendly
- Truly passionate about social media, with an existing social presence and fiercely passionate about all things pop culture
- Real fan of the Mars Wrigley Confectionery brands, with a strong desire to translate that passion on social and become the brand’s fiercest evangelist and advocate.
- Highly motivated and resourceful self-starter, with a can-do attitude that thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing project timelines and able to deliver results under pressure and under tight deadlines in an occasionally non-traditional work schedule
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to collect, organize, track and analyze data, and translate data into clear learnings and actionable next steps
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- This role will be based in Newark, NJ. Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Disclaimer: Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.