Social Media Editor
Rolling Stone is looking for a Social Media Editor to help grow our social audience of nearly 20 million. They must bring the latest insights, trends, and best practices to Rolling Stone as it covers music, entertainment, politics, internet culture, true crime, and more. The editor will serve as an active member of Rolling Stone’s editorial team. The ideal candidate will be creative, detail-oriented, and be ready to dive into the day-to-day work of programming our social channels. They’ll also understand industry shifts in video, and the ways that video is distributed is changing across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and more.
- Maximize our audiences on Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook and more
- Manage, schedule, optimize and publish content across social platforms
- Develop strategies to roll out major stories, covers, lists, and more
- Edit social video for across platforms, sizing for optimization according to industry best practices
- Analyze social data
- Cover breaking news and live events
- Identify opportunities to recirculate evergreen content
- Work with our sales and marketing teams
- 2-4 years of experience managing social media accounts for a brand or publisher
- Ability to juggle multiple requests in a fast-moving environment
- Attention to detail and an intuitive understanding of how people interact with content on different social platforms
- Photo, graphic, and video editing skills (Adobe Suite)
- Understanding of pressing topics for diverse cultures and communities
- Excellent news judgment and nose for breaking stories and trends
- Experience with social media management and analytics tools (SocialFlow, Sprout Social, Creator Studio, etc)
We believe our newsroom should represent the communities we cover and our readership. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Typical wage range: $60k - $75k
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.