Social Media Editor
Serious Eats is seeking a full-time social media editor to join our team. The primary goal of this role is promoting Serious Eats on social media channels, producing standout content across all platforms, driving referral sessions, and developing and executing a plan to achieve our ambitious future social media goals. This role is ideal for someone who (1) has experience storytelling, writing and creating copy and content for social media accounts with significant followings, (2) is adept with growth tactics and audience engagement across all social platforms, (3) has a strong visual eye, and (4) above all, adores food. This position reports to our Senior Editorial Director.
As a food brand that reaches millions digitally per month, Serious Eats has the power and responsibility to create positive change across all platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest . We are focusing our hiring efforts on diversity, equity, and inclusion to build a team that reflects our mission for racial equity in everything we do.
About Your Contributions:
- Develop a strategy and establish tactics to grow the brands’ audience, increase engagement and social revenue.
- Create social-first assets and promote Serious Eats content with intention in mind to increase our social reach and audience. (Current platforms include Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and TikTok.)
- Create social franchises, execute large campaigns around editorial tentpoles.
- Coordinate and execute social media take-overs, initiatives, and other social-only campaigns.
- Refine, define and enforce our brand’s social voice, putting guidelines in place for takeovers, visual best practices, and written copy.
- Monitor all accounts routinely, surface issues that arise on any platform and assist with community management.
- Generate and analyze performance reports for all of our social media platforms, and use these reports to contribute to future strategy conversations.
- Keep on top of social media trends and explore new, emerging platforms.
- 3+ years experience managing or contributing to a brand’s social media platforms
- Excellent written communication skills; experience writing engaging copy specifically for the web and social media
- Experience with and enthusiasm for using analytics tools to create reports
- Experience with visual storytelling, creating pins, and basic photography
- A love for all things related to food, cooking, and being in the kitchen, and a deep passion for connecting people through social media
- Ability to work in a remote environment
- Self-driven; high degree of collaboration, organization, and positivity; ability to thrive in a fast-changing environment
Pay Range: $63,000-76,000
The pay range above represents the anticipated low and high end of the pay range for this position and may change in the future. Actual pay may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to work location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Dotdash Meredith’s total compensation package for employees. Other compensation may include annual bonuses, and short- and long-term incentives. In addition, Dotdash Meredith provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a generous 401K employer matching program, paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO).