Social Media & Creative Manager
As the Social Media & Creative Manager, you will be a key #WeAllGrow Latina Network team member, putting your skills to use to fuel our mission of elevating the voices and stories of Latinas and femme Latines via the power of community. You’ll be tasked with being the lead for the social media team, creating and executing a social media strategy that is aligned with #WeAllGrow’s pillars and mission, while always providing value for our community.
You will manage the #WeAllGrow content calendar for all social channels, and ensure that the content calendar is planned out in advance. You will report directly to the Director of Digital Content, and collaborate with other teams to ensure that social media is working seamlessly with the marketing, project management, editorial, and AMIGAS teams.
You represent the spirit of #WeAllGrow to the community, clients, partners, contractors and influencers you interact with. Your tone, the quality and efficiency of your emails, your responsiveness and timely replies, your adaptability, and positive mindset will have an effect on #WeAllGrow’s external reputation. This role requires that you are up to speed on a lot of stuff, maybe you’re not an expert at everything, but you need to be able to see the world through a number of different lenses. You feel comfortable leading internally while being an advocate for both #WeAllGrow and the community.
You are bilingual and deeply entrenched within the Latinx community on and offline. You have your fingers on the pulse of the latest social media and design trends and have great communication skills. You have great management skills, work well and collaborate with an extended team in a hybrid work environment (online and in-person), are able to manage your tasks and time, but also know when to ask for help and guidance. You’re creative, self-motivated, look at the glass half full, and are excited to join a team of women who are on a mission to elevate the voices and stories of Latines via the power of community.
YOUR BIGGEST QUALITIES ARE
Solution driven. You will spend as much time needed finding the solution to any problem that presents itself and will offer solutions before presenting the problem to leadership
- Proactive and able to trend-forecast. You have a close ear to social media and our specific niche and are always forecasting content opportunities that continue elevating the #WeAllGrow lifestyle brand.
- Leadership. You are excited to nurture and create a culture of positivity and work effectively across multiple departments and avoid working in silos. You take pride in establishing best-practices that will support your team to work effectively.
- Experienced multi-tasker. You keep projects moving forward even while you wait for answers and work on other tasks in between.
- Excellent communicator. You manage all details of your content needs and campaigns with the social media team, project managers, and internal communications to ensure deadlines are met and expectations are exceeded.
- Data-driven. You are obsessed with understanding which metrics move the needle and take us over the top on each deliverable and beyond.
- Organized. You have exceptional project coordination and organizational skills.
- 3-4 years of experience in social media
- High level of proficiency working with popular social media platforms and apps like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, etc.
- Proven track record of executing social media strategies to drive growth
- Experience reading analytics and insights with data from Iconosquare, Sprout Social, etc.
- Experience managing a team of 4 or more people, and able to delegate and manage tasks to the team.
- An eye for design, with a strong balance of identity, typography, layout, and illustration design skills.
- A creative mind with the ability to come up with interesting and inspiring campaign ideas and new ways of social engagement.
- Exceptional writing and organizational skills.
- Works well independently, takes decisions, and drives actions to achieve goals without direct supervision.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Ability to relate positively to people from diverse backgrounds and professional levels.
- Knowledge of and passion for #WeAllGrow and everything we stand for
- Availability to be present to work full time at #WeAllGrow Summit from September 29 to October 1st (exact pre and post-event dates subject to change).
- Has experience with planning and executing paid campaigns and sponsored content.
You will be responsible for creating and executing #WeAllGrow's social media and creative design strategy to drive awareness, community growth, engagement, and conversion. In support of our marketing strategy, you will play a key role in the development of our messaging, creative look and feel, and content. Ultimately, this includes conceptualizing and implementing the #WeAllGrow "voice" across all social platforms, websites, and newsletters to communicate effectively with designated audiences and drive engagement. You will also lead the social media team and coordinate and delegate tasks that are all aimed toward our goals and KPIs. Work closely with the marketing team to help execute daily tasks.
- Express the distinctive, powerful voice and look-and-feel of #WeAllGrow across all social platforms (social media, web, and newsletters).
- Create and execute social media and design strategies to sustain community growth and high engagement for all social platforms and events.
- Maintain visual and conceptual consistency across all platforms
- Write engaging copy for social posts.
- Ideate, create, and publish social media content in collaboration with the graphic design team, video producer, freelancers, social media coordinators, and interns on your own with tools like Canva, Adobe Photoshop Elements, InDesign, Illustrator, and similar tools.
- Research and curate engaging and timely images, videos, and UGC community content to post on social media.
- Create and execute strategy and lead a team for #WeAllGrow events coverage and promotion.
- Moderate conversations online with the community, influencers, partners, and other brands.
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness and engagement of posts across social media platforms and set and deliver on tangible KPIs from social (ie. audience growth, engagement) with the Director of Digital Content.
- Provide bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on analytics and insights and tweak social strategy and content based on results.
- Maintain an organized system for approvals before posting or sharing content using Asana and Sprout Social.
- Stay on top of key industry trends, competitive insights, and emerging social media platforms; make sure #WeAllGrow is at the forefront of best practices in social, on both existing and new platforms. Assess opportunities with emerging social platforms.
- Identify, cultivate and manage high-level relationships with influencers + community members.
- Coordinate and manage collaborations on social media platforms with contributors (i.e. takeovers, giveaways).
- Develop best practices based on results, industry trends, and competitive audits, and socialize these findings with the executive teams.
- Develop concepts and strategies for paid campaign content to deliver on campaign deliverables, and bridge the gap between the client’s goals and #WeAllGrow’s content messaging as it pertains to our community.
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE WILL ALSO:
- Be service-oriented, seeking to contribute good to our internal culture and the world. Doing well by doing good is in our DNA.
- Be a good person. We hire talented, awesome people.
- Work independently yet thrive in a collaborative environment. Be confident in your skills, but able and willing to check your ego at the door.
- Be able to build and maintain positive, productive relationships with clients and the internal #WeAllGrow team.
- Continue to research, learn and share new practices for our betterment.
- Knowledge of and passion for #WeAllGrow and everything we stand for.
- Job type: Full-Time
- Application deadline: May 20, 2022
- Start date: May 31, 2022
- Location: Hybrid Remote, based in Los Angeles
- You must have your own computer and strong internet connection
- Must be able to commute to our Pasadena office
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Complete benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental insurance, flexible vacation policy, paid holidays and a 401(k) plan.
- Full-Day Off Summer Fridays (July-September)
- Paid parental leave
- Home/Remote office stipend
- Health + Wellness stipend
- Professional Development fund