Crooked believes that we need a better conversation about politics, culture, and the world around us—one that doesn’t just focus on what’s broken, but what we can do to fix it. We are a media network that showcases stories, voices, and opportunities for activism that inform, entertain, and inspire action, because it’s up to all of us to do our part to build a better world.
Crooked is looking for a Social Media Content Producer who will create original social content that aligns with growth strategies on all Vote Save America social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook.) This role is perfect for you if you know everything there is to know about making content for social media and you’re excited at the idea of building an engaged community so that Vote Save America can accomplish their goals - to get more people involved in their communities and out in the world making the progressive change they want to see.
Crooked is moving toward a hybrid work model for our entire staff. Ideally we are looking for Washington, D.C. based candidates, or candidates willing to relocate within the first 3 months of accepting an offer. In addition, Crooked requires all employees to provide proof of full vaccination and booster to combat the spread of Covid-19.
How You’ll Spend Your Time:
Content Strategy + Community Management
- Work with the VP of Social and Director of Political Campaigns to translate overall political and Vote Save America strategy into content that fuels social media community growth, engagement while advancing political priorities.
- In conjunction with the Social team, develop a comprehensive digital content strategy for VSA priorities across various social media platforms.
- Create a rapid response process that balances responding to relevant breaking news and long-term campaigns that advance overall political priorities.
- Develop new ways for our political and Vote Save America strategy to thrive, whether it’s through launching on new platforms, crafting original and compelling initiatives to increase engagement/grow our brand or identifying different ways to engage with Crooked talent and political influencers.
- Work with the Director of Digital Political Campaigns and the larger Political Team to understand Vote Save America’s audience and best practices to engage them.
- Stay informed about industry trends, emerging platforms, and best practices in digital content production, and propose innovative ideas to enhance VSA's online presence.
- Coordinate with the marketing and partnerships teams to explore cross-promotional opportunities and partnerships.
- Manage and execute community engagement strategy on VSA social accounts
Content Creation + On-Camera Abilities:
- Comfort with being an on-camera personality for VSA social originals.
- Experience requesting and conducting social interviews with notable figures in the Political space.
- Experience creating TikTok content using Tiktok’s creative suite.
- Manage production schedules and deadlines to ensure timely delivery of digital content.
- Write and submit creative briefs to content/editing teams and design teams to ensure a timely delivery as needed.
- Pitch, produce and create VSA social refillables, as well as rapid response content.
- Manage post-production needs including providing edit notes/time codes, ensuring all branding elements, etc are provided, and deliver any required sourced material.
- Research and stay up to date on relevant current events, political topics, and pop culture references to incorporate into digital content.
- Monitor audience feedback and engagement metrics to identify trends, insights, and opportunities for content improvement.
What You’ll Bring To The Table:
- 4-6 years of experience managing a political social account and demonstrated success in growing audiences and developing original content.
- Social Media expertise – including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and TikTok.
- Experience in Adobe Premiere is a strong plus.
- Must be extremely organized with a passion for process, procedures and structure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A working knowledge of current and relevant trending content and breaking news best practices.
- You should be easy to adapt and calm under pressure. On any given day, you’ll interact with our founders and executive stakeholders, high touch talent and directly with your community.
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task by prioritizing and executing concurrent activities.
- Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally, think practically, and be solution-oriented.
- Willingness to tackle matters beyond areas of expertise.
- Willingness to occasionally work after business hours or on weekends, pending breaking news/timely events.
- Please submit a portfolio of content and your experience on-camera.
Pay and Perks:
At Crooked, we believe in paying employees at or above market rates that are informed by salary surveys and industry benchmarks. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer full-time employees excellent benefits including:
- Paid healthcare
- 401k match
- Generous vacation
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- A discretionary year-end bonus
- Did we also mention our offices are closed at the end of the year?
When we open up a position, we conduct a market analysis to ensure we have the most up-to-date data. Once we’re ready to extend an offer, we look at the individual’s years of relevant experience and other compensable factors to determine a competitive offer. And for this role, the starting salary range is $75,000-$85,000.
We welcome everyone—as an inclusive workplace, we invite all our employees to bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Our mission and intent is to encourage people from every nation, race/ethnicity, belief, gender, gender identity, sexual identity, disability, and culture to feel respected and valued for their unique contributions to our company.
We approach our work courageously, adapt and improve constantly, and celebrate the wins big and small. We cultivate a culture of creativity and expression at Crooked Media. We hire the best talent, ensure they have the tools and training they need, and set them free. If you have a high degree of ownership and are driven to excel, you’ll fit right in.
That’s it. End of mission.