Social Media Content Creator
At ALT, we envision a world where anything is an investable asset. Using trading cards, we're establishing a proof of concept to create financial products that traditional financial institutions don't support or recognize as collateral.
To date, we've raised over $100 million from thought leaders at the intersection of culture, community, and capital. Some of our investors include Alexis Ohanian's fund Seven Seven Six, the founders of Stripe, Coinbase co-founder Fred Ehrsam, BlackRock co-founder Sue Wagner, the co-founders of AngelList, First Round Capital, and BoxGroup. We're also backed by professional athletes including Tom Brady, Candace Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alex Morgan, Kevin Durant, and Marlon Humphrey.
As the Social Media Content Creator, you bring a thirst for creating impactful work that is informed by key insights from the hobby. You know social front and back, and are not afraid to put yourself out there. You have a strong perspective and are comfortable pushing back with knowledge/data to support your decisions. You’ll be joining a passionate, tight knit team of creatives and collectors, who you’ll partner with to usher in a new era of investing.
What You'll Achieve
- Autonomously Ideate content across multiple channels and autonomously execute with informed guidance from creative leadership.
- Create content that makes impactful connections with the trading card hobby, measured by high attention metrics (likes, comments, etc).
- Curate and organize all content spanning text, audio, visual, and multimedia formats
- Implement, and manage social media campaigns integrated into the company’s strategic marketing plans
- Cull for insights based on real-time response/reaction to live content on social pages, and adapt content based on these learnings
- Monitor and assess social media dashboards and reports to identify and address points for improvement
- Track social media trends, including developments in design, applications, best practices, strategy and innovation to stay relevant and effective
- Collaborate effectively with your teammates and cross-functional departments on rapid fire requests and tight timelines
- Attend creative brainstorms, kickoffs, and team meetings, contributing meaningful ideas and design strategy formulation
- Manage and evolve the company's strategy for emerging platforms (e.g., Snapchat, TikTok, Reels, Reddit)
- Manage brand sentiment and reputation
What We Look For In You
- Minimum 3 to 5 years professional creative experience, with a demonstrable passion for making creative content on a spectrum of media platforms - social, streaming, AR, music, film, interactive, etc.
- Extraordinary content creation skills, capable of execution from start to finish, with a passion for various kinds of creative outlets including design, video, editing and writing
- Responsible, accountable self starter who demonstrates initiative and is comfortable with the needs of a high-growth startup
- General knowledge of and interest in professional sports with a cursory knowledge of the trading card industry
What you will get from us:
- You will be given resources to help grow your personal brand and to position yourself as a thought leader in areas relevant to ALT.
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the ALT team; you'll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- Stipend to invest in alternative assets
- 401K, Work from home and Wellness Stipends
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)
ALT is a dedicated equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We celebrate our differences and strive to create an inclusive environment for all. We are focused on fostering a culture of empowerment which starts with providing our employees with the resources needed to reach their full potential.
What we expect for this role:
The role will be responsible for helping to drive engagement with our social media platforms, which will be measurable by the increase in active conversations in our three main social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Reddit.). You will help drive overall engagement from 2% to 3% by mid 2023.
developing an always-on strategy to showcase ALT’s momentum, experiment with a variety of types of content to learn / iterate more quickly, and to ensure we are always-on with the digital community to help drive awareness & generate engagement with our brand & products.
With the support and partnership of the entire creative team and content volunteers within ALT we’ll be looking to maintain a cadence of:
- 1-2 times per day on IG grid
- 3-4 IG stories per day
- 1 Tweet per day
- At least 2-3 tiktoks and YoutTube Shorts per week
- Building out a strong presence on Reddit that includes daily engagement
- Be continuously engaging with the community on the accounts we are present on
Community First Mentality:
In partnership with the rest of the Creative Team, the customer team, and some of the card experts we’ll be looking to lead with our edge – OUR PEOPLE. This means Engaging with other accounts in the hobby, commenting and such– specifically with other card collectors, media, writers, prospective partners, etc; constantly re post when we are tagged; comment back on every single comment – anything that can show we are part of the community & talking with them, not just at them)
- Community outreach (Creative/Brand Team): Proactively measuring sentiment around Alt and engaging in 4-5 conversations a day whether negative or positive.
- Community engagement (Creative/Brand Team): reactively engaging via comments/DMs in real-time (target is within 30 minutes during business hours).
- Customer service (Customer Team): Any comments related to product/service performance, account issues, etc.
- Initiating Questions around trades, consignment and expert pricing (Sourcing Team): Sourcing related comms, which will be directed to the sourcing channel and sourcing team.
Social Listening & Monitoring:
Leveraging social analytical tools you will be expected to lead monthly reports on insights, learnings & implications. This should be a healthy balance of performance of the past with opportunities and trends for the future.
- General performance overviews
- Tracking trends and incorporating them in a timely fashion
- Social sentiment - Having a pulse on high level brand sentiment within the community
- Mining insights and opportunities to inform the next months calendar
- Competitive and comparative analysis - Were looking to stay ahead of the curve
Always on, always learning, and comfort in the chaos:
- As much as we can plan and strategize to stay organized, it is also important that you are flexible, always learning and iterating in real time based on those learnings.
- While the goal is to create a process that includes relevant stakeholders in an organized way, you also responsible for managing potentially chaotic situations where content needs to be created ad-hoc / in real time
- Leverage social planning tools to schedule ahead of time as needed
- You’ll be responsible for managing a monthly calendar with a-sync bi-weekly reviews to ensure key stakeholders are on board.