Social Media Community Engagement Lead
At Neostrata, we are consumer obsessed. We believe in digital first. We are determined to serve every face, and every skin type on our path to growth. The Neostrata ecommerce team is tasked with turning these scientifically backed, dermatologist endorsed brands into direct to consumer power houses.
This role will develop and implement a strategy and content calendar that speaks to our product, lifestyle, and ongoing mission to deliver a solution to every skin type. This individual will test and build new strategies, brainstorm and launch fresh ideas, produce platform-specific content and analyze social performance, while staying in tune with the latest social media marketing trends. Energized by real-time storytelling, ambitious, and comfortable driving new ideas forward with ease, the candidate will exhibit creative and analytical thinking, and demonstrate a passion for an ever-evolving social media landscape within the skin health landscape.
This community leader will create and sustain an engaged loyal fan base across multiple current and future social platforms including Facebook/Instagram, Tiktok, etc. With a deep understanding of the creator network ecosystem and the rising importance of creator commerce, the candidate is creative yet data driven, has a test and learn mentality, able to define and prove business outcomes, and uses insights to drive engagement and reach with organic channels.
What You Will Accomplish
Develop clear strategic priorities and recommendations to foster and grow Neostrata and Exuviance’s footprint on social media while engaging and developing audiences across channels and platforms. Evangelize findings across larger Skin Health organization and serve as the testing lab for emerging social concepts and ideas.
How You Will Do It
SOCIAL / COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT – 50% of time spent
- Manage strategy, planning, and execution for Neostrata/Exuviance social media channels, including daily posts, platform management, and consumer engagement.
- Establish Influencer Strategy - Identify, recruit and help manage influencers and third-party content creators
- Identify potential partnerships to partner with like-minded businesses, partners and ambassadors/influencers to expand Neostrata/Exuviance’s brand awareness to different and diverse audiences across the social universe.
- Maintain a social calendar and posting schedule that supports large scale brand initiatives and identifies key moments in culture.
- Develop and build out a brand presence on new social media platforms for the brand, such as Pinterest and TikTok.
- Engage with communities through authentic conversations and ensure brand-related questions, comments, and opportunities are addressed with speed, good judgment, and in alignment with the brand voice.
- Work collaboratively with paid media counter-parts and agency to ensure organic and paid social have a consistent message
SOCIAL / ANALYTICS + INSIGHTS – 20%
- Analyze and assess performance across social media channels through regular reporting. Deliver the “so what” of the data points and the recommendations for best path to proceed down. This includes performance of individual posts and content, as well as broad trends across platforms
- Leverage community and social platforms to provide consumer insights and cultural trends to the business to help inform innovation, creative development, media targeting and brand experiences
- Educate the broader teams on new features and offerings in the social media sphere
SOCIAL/EMERGING PLATFORMS + COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE – 10%
- Keep finger on the pulse of social trends, new platform features, and provide channel and community insights with concrete next steps on an ongoing basis
- Remain immersed in all emerging technologies/media and competitive landscape to determine the latest trends and what is relevant for business
CONTENT – 20%
- Create platform-specific content (photo, video, stories) and copy, with a brand appropriate spin
- Support brand’s voice/personality across social media channels
- Collaborate with the Creative Team to concept and project manage organic social content creation for feed and stories, including monthly photoshoots, illustrations, infographics, and graphic-led stories.
- Work with the Brand Team to give input on social assets for product launch and campaign briefs.
Who We're Looking For:
- Minimum of 7 years of social media experience in a brand, agency or editorial setting.
- Finger on the pulse of global and regional social and cultural trends.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of social channels (Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, TikTok, etc.) and how each platform can be used most efficiently in different scenarios.
- Experience growing online communities and developing social media campaigns with a proven track record of results is required
- Experience with social moderation tools like Salesforce, Social Studio, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, Buffer, etc. is strongly preferred
- Ability to interpret data using established analytics and reporting tools to understand campaign performance and create concrete programs on socials, while educating senior leadership.
- Experience negotiating with outside agencies, including contracts, resolving issues, and reconciling differences, a plus.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence on social media, with a command of each network and their techniques is preferred
- Proven crisis management experience and time-management experience is a requirement.
- Excellent copywriter and copy editor with the proven track record to be concise, yet impactful in the established brand voice and tone is required
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment, adapting to continually changing priorities and ambitious project timeframes
- Experience with paid social media strategy and creating a connected commerce experience is required
- Experience/expertise with Bazaarvoice preferred