Social Media Campaign Specialist II
Are you passionate about social media in all shapes and platforms? Would you love the challenge of taking scientific content and remolding it into engaging experiences? Our customers and prospects demand accurate resources that first grabs their attention as everyday people and then interacts and appeals to them as researchers in the community. We are big believers in social media and its power to enable us to grow while helping our customers achieve their scientific goals. We are the leader in serving science, making the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
As the Social Media Specialist II – Campaign Manager, your responsibilities include the execution, management, performance, and optimization of paid social media campaigns with the support and supervision from the local area Social Operations Team Lead as well as strategic direction from the US-based team. This role will also regularly perform budget pacing, campaign, asset and audience reviews and make recommendations on enhancement activities across multiple social platforms for the Biosciences division.
To be successful in this role, you should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, able to balance multiple projects at a time, have strong communication, organizational, and project management skills. The ideal candidate is detailed, a self-starter, a creative problem solver, analytical, deadline driven, and constantly seeks opportunities to improve the performance and processes for the channel. Paid execution should adhere to Corporate Social Media policies, Brand guidelines and apply validated analytics techniques when performing social campaigns. You should also be knowledgeable about the latest industry trends and changes and strategically apply them to campaigns in collaboration with relevant business partners.
As a part of working for a global company, be available to work flexible hours to participate in meetings spanning multiple regions.
- End-to-End execution of paid social campaigns, including set-up, monitoring, and optimizing global paid campaigns on native Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter platforms, identify performance trends and be able to offer recommendations to help achieve targets
- Maintain paid social campaigns to ensure that objectives are met and budget stays on target
- Employ Agile methodology within Workfront as a means of ensuring that assigned tasks are completed on schedule, provide status updates and set reasonable expectations while maintaining a healthy work-life balance for yourself
- Participate in Agile Ceremonies and follow the guiding principles
- Provide campaign insights and identify growth opportunities applying platform and industry data
- Coordinate with local area and US-based team to ensure proper alignment on assigned tasks as well as with business partners for clarification or correction.
- Outstanding ability to solve problems, and demonstrate resourcefulness, while maintaining utmost attention to detail.
- Inform and educate team and business partners on new industry patterns and capabilities
- Develop, document, and share our social standard processes that help drive efficiencies across a cross-functional team with Social Media Team Lead.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or in relevant field
- Confirmed brand performance experience (3 years+) creating and leading PPC native campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Google Ads experience is a bonus.
- Understanding of social media formats, platform-analytics, and targeting methodologies
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Collaborative solutions-driven demeanor with the ability to interpret data, develop insights, and communicate findings as calls-to-action
- Ability to operate independently against a framework of defined business objectives
- Ability to interact well with a diverse group of technical and non-technical people
- Ability to learn quickly
- Decision-making ability
- Strong (written and verbal) communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management, organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Solid working knowledge of relevant social media platforms and how it fits into the wider digital marketing mix
- Experience marketing to Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, or Medical Device industries
- Certifications in social platforms, examples: Hootsuite, Google AdWords, Twitter Flight School, etc.
- Basic graphics design capability using Photoshop or similar program is desired