Social Media Assistant
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals, that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey. About the Role: The Social Media Assistant will work across platforms on the Dermstore brand to support community engagement and growth, content creation, copywriting & strategy.
Reporting into the Community and Content Manager, you’ll be proactive in bringing social-first ideas to the forefront, strategic content and copywriting skills aligned to the broader marketing strategy and bring best-in-class customer service skills/community management. This person will also support and partner with the Social Media Associate.
We are seeking someone with experience in social media & community management, attention to detail and who is passionate about all things social & beauty-related. You will also understand the role of data and reporting in content.
- Support the Community and Content Manager with social planning and copy, community engagement, reporting and more across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, and Pinterest accounts/emerging social media platforms.
- Support content planning and execution for collaborations with brands and influencers across social media; includes lives, founder features, partnerships and more
- Help write copy for posts across all social media platforms in partnership with the Community and Content Manager & the Social Media Associate
- Create photo, video or graphic content as needed for social posts or stories to supplement assets delivered by creative team
- Communicate with customers, brands, and influencers to build connections, resolve customer service issues, educate consumers on skin care/skin health + assist with product selection
- Engage and grow communities, including Dermstore’s private Facebook group community: "For the Love of Skin”
- Monitor customer sentiment and share updates with the broader team
- Heavily monitor channels for issues management and escalate any consumer concerns to the Community and Content Manager
- Partner with customer service to ensure comments/questions are responded to within 24 hours
- Support Community and Content Manager with social media reporting and have a strong sense of key metrics/performance
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Minimum of 1 year experience in social media (preferred)
- Experience (or interest) in Beauty
- A genuine interest in Social and an ambition to be at the forefront of this exciting area of marketing
- An understanding of all areas of Social Media - including knowledge of key trends and reactive content; a passion for supporting content creation
- A proactive self-starter with a problem-solving attitude
- Experience managing customer relations, community management and understanding of how social channels impact corporate reputation (preferred)
- Experience supporting successful community management and growth (preferred)
- Engagement & follower growth
- Consumer sentiment & awareness
- Traffic to site & revenue
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.