Social Impact Supervisor
3M Maplewood, MNa month ago
3MGives- Social Impact Supervisor
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“3M’s culture is driven by curious, spirited and collaborative people who are constantly asking ‘What if?’ And the many talents of 3Mers around the globe have me incredibly excited about what’s to come next.” – Kristen Ludgate, senior vice president of Human Resources at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a 3Mgives Social Impact Supervisor, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. 3Mgives seeks an entrepreneurial professional with experience in evaluation, measurement and/or community-centered strategic planning. This is a new position created to help build on our existing social impact strategy areas to inform our future and support our community partners. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Designing and implementing a cohesive evaluation strategy for 3M community relations activities, including cash philanthropy, product donations, and both skills-based and hands-on volunteer service. Will include both quantitative and qualitative methods as appropriate.
- Building employee engagement insights listening practices into 3Mgives program development – leveraging employee insights to inform plans for empowering employees globally.
- Guiding program officers on strategic planning initiatives that inform outcome and impact measurement opportunities – supporting nonprofit partners through evaluation insights and communications.
- Coordinating with corporate program officers in advancing equitable outcomes in STEM, Skilled Trades and Sustainability to design and implement evaluation and ROI principles to support 3Mgives goals and objectives.
- Liaising with external measurement consultants and systems providers for social impact measurement.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Five (5) combined years in philanthropy, corporate community relations and public-sector evaluation areas
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- MPA or graduate degree from an accredited university, with focus on social impact related areas
- Previous experience working on evaluation or social impact strategies
- Ability to use analytics to take projects effectively from analysis to insight and implementation
- Constant curiosity and willingness to embrace ambiguity in evaluation challenges
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.