Social Graphic Designer
Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. And these are the qualities that our global team embodies every day as we pursue one shared bold mission: to ignite the true potential in every athlete.
We know that great people are what makes our brand great. We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing product means we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve. And that’s why we work with each member of our team to help them dream, discover, grow and realize their own full potential.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are continually looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference —and who love to help others win. Join us.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a talented and creative Social Graphic Designer who will work under managerial direction (Art Director). The ideal candidate will have experience creating engaging and visually appealing social media graphics, as well as a strong understanding of branding and marketing. The Social Graphic Designer works in a fast paced, dynamic, creative environment with the ability to multi-task.
The ideal candidate will have a strong portfolio of work and experience in a variety of digital design disciplines, including web design, video/motion, and social media graphics. The successful candidate will be able to work independently and as part of a team, and will be passionate about creating visually appealing and engaging designs that help us achieve our strategic goals.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and create social media graphics for a variety of platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Ensure that all social media graphics are on-brand and consistent with the company's overall visual identity.
- Track and analyze the performance of social media graphics to identify what is resonating with the audience.
- Work closely with the Art Director to develop and execute marketing campaigns including sales initiatives, product launches, events and other specialty projects as assigned by the Project Manager or Art Director.
- Translate creative concepts into visually appealing and engaging designs.
- Works directly with the Art Director and in-house Photographer on creative directions and coordinating product for various projects. May assist on location shoots with directors and outside agencies when needed.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest social media trends and design best practices.
- Maintain a high standard of quality in all work produced.
- Responsible for time tracking on a weekly basis
What We're Looking For
This role requires an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in graphics or a related area plus 3-5 years of strong work experience in an agency, design firm, or corporate in-house digital graphics department.
Other qualifications include:
- Excellent working knowledge of Macintosh computers and graphics related software
- Strong digital portfolio of work.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and digital layout programs like Figma is a must. Knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Experience with web design, video/motion, and social media graphics.
- Knowledge of photography and photo shoots.
- Knowledge of video/motion animations a plus.
- Advanced skills in layout design, typography, and some illustration abilities a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization, and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively present information, respond to questions and work with the cross-functional teams.
- Proven outstanding ability to work under pressure, be flexible with work hours, prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
What We’ll Provide
Located in the vibrant, sports-centric city of Chicago, Wilson Sporting Goods Co. global headquarters sits along the lakefront with first-class access to a burgeoning creative, innovative, energetic and active professional community. We offer an open, collaborative, high tech work environment with best in class amenities and perks, including:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Pre-tax transit discounts
- 401(k) with company match
- Life insurance
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Volunteering programs
- Team building outings
- Discounts on Wilson and Amer Sports products
- Smart casual dress (yes, jeans every day!)
- On-site health club
- Summer hours
- Company-sponsored sports leagues/teams
- Fun, active company outings around major sports events
Wilson Sporting Goods Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.