Social Expert - Sustainable Finance - Associate Director
S&P GlobalNew York, NY10 days ago
This role is responsible for coordinating and leading our research and application of social analytics in S&P Global Ratings as developed by the Sustainable Finance Team.
- Support the Head of Analytical Governance to ensure high quality and timely analytics on social and human capital, both in credit ratings and sustainable finance existing or new products
- Set standards for the quality application of social analytical approach in ESG Evaluations
- Advise on the application of social analytics to ESG Evaluations and Alignment Opinions, and communicate resulting guidance to all analysts
- Contribute to excellent customer service and a positive working environment
Success will be measured by:
- Quality of writing in ESG Evaluation Reports related to social factors as well as input on social factors in credit ratings analysis
- Quality of research & commentaries led or authored
- Orderly production of high-quality Evaluations as volumes grow
- Efficient steering–high quality opinions delivered to meet time expectations of the market
- Global consistency across regions and practices in ESG Evaluations related to social
- Compliance with relevant policies and procedures
Minimum and Preferred Experience/Skills (Basic Qualifications)
Committed to analytical quality; exceptional analytical and organizational skills; strong knowledge of S&P Global Ratings’ methodologies and analytical approaches, especially related to Sustainable Finance
- At least five years of relevant analytical experience, with some bias towards science-based qualification as well as finance/economics
- Preferably graduated in social or political science
- Strong communications skills and ability to represent the company at a variety of high-profile external events
- Has developed experience & expertise in human and / or social capital issues, including across the supply chain
- Has working experience at an ESG rating agency, asset management or financial services company, sustainable finance organization or equivalent
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position at GL 12 $110,800 - $230,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.