Social & Community Manager
RadSwanRemote, UK or USA5 days ago
Start date: ASAP
Location: Remote, UK or USA
This is a freelance/contract role with the possibility for a permanent role in future.
As our Social & Community Manager you will thoroughly enjoy communicating and engaging with our community, building it up to be a place of no judgements, trust, vulnerability and strength… the raddest community! You will drive, grow and lead our community through active engagement and social content that sits outside of the box. The role will also involve continuing to strengthen our tone of voice and visual standpoint across our social media channels and work with creative and third party teams to execute our brand vision.
As a remote working community based in the UK and USA it is important that you are self-driven, an excellent communicator and can work both independently and as part of a team as we move towards a new age of company working.
- Working with the creative team on planning and publishing social media content and ensuring content is regular, brand appropriate, relevant and engaging
- On the pulse with social trends. Super responsive when managing a real-time and reactive schedule of regular updates.
- Work with the creative team, creative agency, brand creators to build visual branding to sit across social platforms.
- Perform Social Media tasks to inform the Editor, keep up to date with trends and flag up relevant conversation.
- Oversee the day-to-day of all social media DMs, questions, FAQs and IG Stories.
- Engage enthusiastically with followers across all platforms to build relationships with the community and increase engagement.
- Assist the Growth Marketing Manager in driving communications.
- Contribute to creative ideas as part of wider campaign strategy.
- Continue to build and strengthen the brand messaging and tone of voice across social channels that are set by the CEO and Editor.
- Provide insights based on customer feedback and help set new strategies and product development that will be fed in Product development, Operations, Content and Growth Marketing.
- Producing and presenting reports on customer engagements and insights within the community.
- Monitoring product feedback to relay customer insights gained from online conversations within the community.
- Supporting the Managing Content Editor and PR with the influencer outreach program.
- Ownership of UGC and Instagram stories.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have demonstrated experience in customer and community relations.
- You hold a degree or equivalent in relevant subject area e.g. Marketing, Consumer Behaviour would be an advantage
- You have strong opinions held loosely - with no ego and the ability to change your mind based on new information.
- You possess strong knowledge of the current, global social media landscape.
- You have set a social media strategy and work to KPIs and goals to increase a digital audience and engagement
- You have knowledge across Social Media platforms, including TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube.
- You are super organised with the ability to effectively manage and prioritise multiple requirements and projects
- You have excellent communication skills, attention to detail & genuine passion for growing and nurturing a community and relationships.
- You would thrive in an agile and remote environment, balancing strategy and execution as needed.
- You’ve used Social Media listening tools, as well as Social publishing and analytics tools
- Passionate about Social, naturally curious, always seeking out best practice examples, and love to break down barriers with new ways of doing things
- Able to work an assigned schedule that falls within our operating hours and a flexibility around weekends and holidays.
Naturally progressive: You’re curious and always thinking about how to improve your and your community’s future. You value a forward-thinking space that encourages you to move the needle and take risks.
Confident but chill: You’re flexible and ready to get the job done, but you’re humble and make moves thoughtfully. You go after what you want, but always have your team and the greater good of the brand in mind.
Rule breaker: You’re not afraid of the unknown. You’re down to disrupt the status quo and believe that an open mind is always a good place to start.
Inclusive + mindful of community: You embrace differences and help foster a safe working environment for yourself and your peers.
Champion of self-expression: You’re genuinely you. You live your look and want to grow with people who champion self-expression.
So why should you work with us?
We’re pioneers about to change the game, the beauty company you’ve always dreamt to see, the team and the sisterhood you’ve always wanted on your career path.
We also thrive to be eco and socially conscious. We’re staying away from the unregulated and harmful human hair trade, but we also vouch to fill this market with more and more eco-friendly alternatives to the current offering. We love all women, and our Mother Earth.
We are smart, witty and innovative – flawless protective styling built with novices with high standards in mind. Everyone gets to play, effortlessly!
We save our customers time and money – no maintenance, styling or install required. We’ve created ready-to-rock styles our customers can switch like they switch dresses, in 10mns tops.
If sisterhood had to be personified, she would be a black woman. We know that a black woman with natural hair is on a mission to unlock all areas of her life, and we’re doing this together.
So more than just hair, RadSwan will be a holistic digital platform for black women from around the world. We’ll tell their stories in their various languages, uplift their lives through content ranging from career building, to confidence and vulnerability.