New York, NY
Los Angeles, CA
SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, and thriving communities. As one of the world’s most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalog of music, and an artist services and distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic SEO Specialist (Freelance) whose primary responsibilities will be to enhance the search engine marketing for our various acquisition funnels including our website, app stores, and landing pages.
In this role, the SEO Specialist (Freelance) will have a unique opportunity to play a meaningful role in shaping the future of SoundCloud’s engagement growth. They’ll be responsible for driving ongoing SEO initiatives including content strategy, link building, and keyword strategy to increase rankings on all major search networks and app stores via testing and optimization. They will help manage all ongoing subscription offers and promotions to help maximize conversion and minimize churn.
This is a 6 month freelance role that will report to our Growth Marketing lead and will be based in New York or Los Angeles.
In this role you will:
- Work to rapidly grow organic search referrals to SoundCloud worldwide, leveraging knowledge of the listening and music creation landscape, search audience behaviors, and the ways search engines index and surface content
- Identify opportunities and provide article and topic coverage recommendations that will enable SoundCloud to grow its search audience and increase audience loyalty.
- Perform keyword and trend research to identify what keywords to target in content creation efforts and in coordination with growth and acquisition objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities to improve.
- Work with content and marketing teams to provide recommendations for content development in support of our SEO and acquisition goals.
- Manage and help develop a strategy for all product offers and promotions across platforms to support acquisition goals.
- Conduct a daily analysis of SoundCloud’s key metrics, identify trends, and execute tests to improve the target KPIs.
- Manage the day to day operations for executing tests and enhancing campaigns.
- Optimize the conversion of our app store pages on iOS and Android by providing keyword, description, and other SEO recommendations.
- Actively stay on top of new products, features and trends and propose strategies for optimizing and improving SoundCloud’s marketing strategies
- Collaborate with internal and external teams such as marketing, creative, social, and product teams required to execute against optimization plans.
- Have a deep knowledge and understanding of web traffic and SEO metrics
- Deep experience working with keyword tools
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious, and driven to succeed
Fee: $50-$90/hr depending on experience
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization. They help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.