Condé Nast is a global media company, home to iconic brands including Vogue, Wired, Vanity Fair, The New Yorker, Architectural Digest, Ars Technica, and GQ, among many others. The company's award-winning content reaches 84 million consumers in print, 367 million in digital and 379 million across social platforms, and generates more than 1 billion video views each month.
The company is headquartered in New York and London, and operates in 31 markets worldwide, including China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, Taiwan, the U.K. and the U.S., with local license partners across the globe.
Our SEO Team works closely with our editorial, audience development, analytics, and product groups to figure out ways to acquire new users from Search and to ensure the highest level of discoverability for content across digital platforms. In this role, your work will make a huge impact on Condé Nast’s digital sites around the world.
We are looking for a data-driven, highly organized SEO Manager with an editorial search engine optimization background to help Condé Nast brands increase their organic search traffic through content recommendations, site improvements, and education around SEO. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of editorial SEO at a publisher, news site, agency, or similar. This is a full time, US-based position (remote or New York office) and reports to the Senior SEO Manager.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Lead and develop SEO initiatives for Condé Nast brands in the US and UK
- Day-to-day execution of organic search engine campaigns including keyword research, researched content gap recommendations, strategic optimization of existing content, competitor analysis, site improvements, and ad hoc SEO support
- Apply top-to-bottom management of SEO campaigns including writing meta content, supervising SEO friendly page construction, creating target keyword lists, improving site structure, improving link architecture, etc.
- Work with cross-market editorial teams to create SEO content strategies for each of your brands and work on executing evergreen strategies for existing and new content
- Document strategy for major events and tentpole topics and conduct post-analysis afterward
- Educate stakeholders with regular editorial trainings, new best practice documentation, and wider team presentations
- Perform content SEO audits
- Conduct and assist with industry case studies
- Create new documentation
- Monitor traffic following algorithm updates and act fast to recover after traffic drops
- Lead ad hoc SEO projects to support your brands and the centralized SEO Team
- Run reports, measure performance, and share analysis with stakeholders. Propose improvements/alternative approaches.
- Regularly meet with brands to provide recaps, share new findings, and discuss strategic plans
- Evangelize the importance of SEO through all areas of the business
- Keep abreast of the latest SEO developments and news
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years editorial (content) SEO experience, preferably for a major media/publishing organization, or agency working on editorial content
- Proven track record – Applicants must submit websites that demonstrate their SEO ability and be prepared to discuss
- Strong understanding of web analytics tools and concepts, particularly Google Analytics & Google Search Console
- Strong understanding of third-party enterprise SEO tools (e.g. SEMRush, Botify, Screaming Frog, etc)
- Strong SEO copywriting skills
- Adherence to the highest standards of SEO
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- A collaborative & proactive team player
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to multitask and deliver under tight deadlines