The New York Post delivers the best in News, Sports, Entertainment and Pop Culture with wit, irreverence and authority. Over the past 220 years, The Post has evolved into a multi-platform media company spanning print, digital, video, audio, app, television and commerce.
We are seeking an SEO Coordinator (Tues- Sat) to join the SEO team at The New York Post. Reporting into the Director of SEO, this role will collaborate closely with department stakeholders across the New York Post, Page Six, and Decider to implement effective content optimization strategies, while leading the company’s initiative with Google News Showcase. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on the growing digital presence of one of the world’s leading news organizations.
Note: The regular shift for this role will be Tuesday-Saturday, with scheduled hours being 2pm-10pm Tues-Fri, and 10am-6pm on Saturday.
- Spearhead the New York Post’s Google News Showcase strategy by curating daily story panels that effectively promote the company’s reporting and voice in Google News and Google Discover
- Work closely with editorial teams to provide on- and off-page optimization recommendations and develop keyword-targeted content
- Perform keyword research to identify coverage gaps and emerging trends across various sections, and pitch content ideas to editorial stakeholders
- Collaborate with SEO and editorial team members to develop content strategies for evergreen, timely, and event-based content
- Copy edit and audit written articles for SEO best practices
- Monitor and track reporting on traffic and rankings
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and Google’s web standards, and translate them into workable solutions
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- 1-2 years’ experience working in-house in SEO and editorial; a background in digital news is preferred
- A passion for digital news, SEO, and content strategy
- Experience with WordPress, HTML, and competitive SEO tools (SEMrush, Google Trends, Search Console, Google Analytics) is a plus
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively balance priorities and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Detail-oriented mindset with strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Salary Range: $31,200 – $125,000
At The New York Post we recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, our ranges reflect our good faith estimate to pay fairly as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate’s experience, industry knowledge, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
In addition to compensation, the company provides eligible employees a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including “elective” benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce.
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.