Senior Web Manager
Thinkific is a software platform that gives anyone, anywhere the ability to easily create, market, and sell their own online courses. We believe in impactful and innovative work: our team of 400+ Thinkers is building and expanding an incredible product that empowers creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn, grow, and succeed together. Join us to see how we’re building one of the best workplaces in Canadian tech!
We believe every candidate should have a fair, inclusive, and overall great experience when exploring a new role with Thinkific. That starts with outlining our hiring process so you know what to expect every step of the way—click here to learn more: https://thnk.cc/whattoexpect
Do you have a deep understanding of users and know how to build websites that engage and convert them? We’re looking for a Senior Web Manager to join us at Thinkific.
As the Senior Web Manager, you’ll be responsible for building Thinkific’s website strategy and owning our overall web presence. From performance and architecture to branding and customer experience, your job will be to make people fall in love with Thinkific from their first click on our site. Using your marketing chops, analytical skills, and eye for design, you’ll build and implement experiments to optimize our site’s overall performance and conversion rates. You will lead the web team and the company into bets (both big and small) to improve how Thinkific is represented on the web and help us reach our business goals.
Your goal will be to create a holistic web strategy that drives Thinkific’s user acquisition and overall site performance. Here’s how you’ll accomplish this:
- Owning strategy, content, functionality, and infrastructure in addition to developing new solutions, experiments, and tests
- Monitoring, assessing, and reporting on website performance and experiments (from A/B tests to big swings). You’ll develop data-driven hypotheses to test and effectively analyze and report on these experiments to help shape future ones
- Working cross-functionally with designers, software engineers, copywriters, and marketers to roll out high-impact branding, storytelling, and user experiences on Thinkific’s website
- Partnering with the Content team to own the content strategy across Thinkific’s websites—you’ll help users find the key information they’re looking for to fall in love with Thinkific
- Monitoring and owning our website security in collaboration with the Security Council, implementing safeguards to protect and manage data security, website stability, and information security
The person we have in mind likely:
- Has 5+ years of experience in digital marketing, product management, or managing an e-commerce or SaaS web property and at least 2-3 years of people leadership experience
- Knows how to scale a website as a marketing channel by discovering, evaluating, and prioritizing growth opportunities (and they have success stories to share!)
- Is experienced in platforms including Google Tag Manager, a CMS (like Wordpress), and A/B testing tools (like Google Optimize, Optimizely, or VWO). They have a strong understanding of statistics to use and draw insights from these tools, too!
- Demonstrates effective project management skills. They can manage cross-functional teams, communicate with executives, and deliver projects in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Loves to learn and grow. They’ve found (and keep looking for) ways to level up their skills in this field, whether that’s through formal education, gaining professional experience, or maybe even building their own business
These things would also be nice, but we think you could learn them on the job:
- Knowledge of marketing principles and strategies— from web, design, copywriting, and SEO
- Experience in building website calendars and roadmaps, as well as work plans to help teams execute on these ideas
- A history of using customer journey mapping to guide marketing strategy, goal setting, and decision making
- SEO expertise—you can implement best practices to grow organic traffic
- An understanding of small businesses, B2B audiences, and how to craft online experiences for them
This is just our initial idea of who we’re looking for! At Thinkific, we know that people have unique career journeys. If your experience is close to what we’ve described but you feel that you might be missing a few of the requirements, please still apply! We’re also committed to providing a comfortable and accessible interview process for every candidate. If there are any accommodations our team can make throughout our hiring process (big or small), please let us know.