Senior UX/UI Designer
We are hiring a Senior User Experience Designer for Barstool Sports located in New York, NY. This role will own the user journey for the direct-to-consumer Barstool Sports experience, including our online store, new commerce brands, subscription products, and other roadmap initiatives by designing and developing user flows and interfaces.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the end-to-end design of our e-commerce platform(s) -- from research, prototyping, to pixel-perfect developer handoff
- Work hand-in-hand with the eCommerce, Data, Product, and Engineering teams to understand our customers and iterate on designs to improve customer experiences
- Define user-centered problem statements that guide decision-making
- Own big design projects (new applications, e-commerce systems, content templates, etc...)
- Work with team members to turn the collective “vision” into a product that will satisfy all stakeholders: the customer, the business, and you
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the team
- Compile research and create user flows to get buy-in
- Collaborate on growing the evolving design system across different product verticals, especially e-Commerce
- Work with other product designers to provide UX support for new product development
What You Have
- At least 5+ years experience working as a UI/UX designer
- Experience working as a solo designer preferred
- Proficient in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Abstract, Figma, etc.
- Strong portfolio including examples of user-focused design thinking and evangelism
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Self-motivated and able to efficiently run with a project without close supervision
- Ability to work well with diverse stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (articulating design decisions, collaboration skills for cross-functional teams, evangelizing design thinking, etc)
Barstool Sports is a company that will drive the way media is created and consumed for years to come. Working at Barstool Sports means being part of a team that is solutions-oriented, celebrates creativity, and supports one another.
Joining means having access to competitive and valuable benefits and perks, including but not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
- A 4% 401(k) employer match
- Unlimited vacation time, including Summer break in July and Holiday break in December
- Monthly employer contribution towards cell phone reimbursement
- Employee discount to the Barstool Sports store
- Financial wellness benefits through Origin
- A monthly stipend for UberEats
What We Value
- Rep the brand as best you can
- We have lots of different brains, be open to them
- Never change who you are, that's who we hired
- Find the solution, don't be the problem
- Don't be afraid to try something new
- Common Sense. Use it.
- Be there for your audience
- Always think about how you can help
Barstool Sports is for everyone. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Barstool Sports does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes. Barstool Sports will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement.