Senior UX Product Designer
At PAX we strive to enhance people’s lives through exceptional cannabis experiences. Our curated set of pure full flavor pods and award-winning devices make enjoying cannabis simple and safe. For more than a decade, we have created next-generation devices that deliver enduring quality and wellness benefits through innovations in design and technology, and remain trusted by millions of consumers nationwide. We’re the #1 cannabis brand nationally with top awareness and NPS scores. Our standards allow for the safest vaporization of cannabis on the market. We are passionate about increasing well-being and joy through the power of cannabis, and we are committed to advancing opportunity through supporting social justice, access and equity in the industry.
We are incredibly excited about the tremendous growth of the cannabis industry, inspired every day by how cannabis can change lives, and fortunate for our leading position in the space. Our culture is focused on putting the consumer first, making an impact together, and also having fun along the way! Our team has helped build businesses at the intersection of consumer, technology and wellness, including Apple, Google, Tesla, Uber, GoPro, Fitbit, Constellation, Honest Company, Eaze and more. PAX is backed by leading consumer and technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest, and has raised over $430MM in capital.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the development, launch, and ongoing optimization of the Pax.com website and all digital consumer touch-points.
- Oversee the UX architecture and UI of an entirely new product customization experience
- Employ a test-and-learn approach with User Centric Design, A/B CRO testing, and eCommerce analytics
- Work collaboratively and iteratively with product management, engineers, brand and analysts to conceive, design, and deliver brilliant solutions for our customers
- Test and validate designs through A/B testing and findings from user testing with the intention of improve average order value, conversion rate and, revenue
- Help establish processes and improvements to drive efficiency in our design and development methods
- Create and evolve key UI design documents such as style guides, creative briefs, and content libraries
- Validate designs after initial development phase, communicate bugs, and ensure functionality matches intended design
- Individual will report to the VP of Product Development and will interact regularly with leadership
- Several years (5+) as a UX designer at a fast-paced consumer-centric company
- Have led launches of new products from ideation to launch
- Bonus if they’ve done so in a start-up company or agency
- Working in the Cannabis domain not a requirement
- Intelligent, creative, articulate, data-driven, organized, collaborative, meticulous
What Success looks like
- Built a category-leading e-commerce and digital touchpoint experience for existing and perspective PAX customers.
- Developed an interactive and highly performing customization platform to allow PAX customers to fully express themselves through their device and accessories.
- Implemented and optimized a world-class post-purchase experience to onboard customers onto the PAX platform with interactive videos, suggested accessories, and support.
- Developed and maintain the architectural master plan for all of PAX’s digital consumer touch-points.
- Using a data-driven approach, optimized the PAX website to become a highly converting, differentiated, and engaging destination for cannabis enthusiasts.
- Assembled and continue to manage a lean, highly productive, cross-functional team of internal and external constituencies.
- Developed a strong process for UX innovation.
- Maintained a predictable and reliable UX development launch schedule.
PAX LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
- Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks and beverages
- Dog-Friendly HQ in the Mission District of San Francisco
- Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support
Put Consumers First - We are here to enhance their lives. We put their needs first in everything we do. We work together to deliver unique solutions for their benefit.
Build a Community - We are active and beneficial builders of a global community. We collaborate together to support sustainability, well-being and social equity efforts—both internally and externally—to establish cannabis as a force for good.
Innovate with Passion - We are passionate about enhancing the cannabis experience by making it positive, accessible and intuitive. We set the standards, innovate for consumers and find the yes as a team.
Be the Solution and Collaborate - We work as a team to achieve winning outcomes, knowing we each individually are the solution, but can only succeed together.
Lead with Humility and Transparency - We stay open and humble in everything we do. We value learning from each other, and cultivate transparency in our culture and products.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.