Senior Technology Capability Leader
The Senior Technology Capability Lead (TCL) has the global accountability for driving the formation of solutions to support business need for change within the portfolio of applications supporting the capability area, integration solutions or data management, integration and analytics solutions. The TCL will use a disciplined approach to engage the business using well-defined standardized engagement processes. The lead will collaborate with Business Partners (BP) in understanding business needs, crafting solutions to meet them, and quantifying the related benefits of IT investment.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- The technology capability lead role spans plan, build and run phases, from strategic decision making to oversight of project delivery, and is responsible for capability roadmaps that describe how the portfolio of systems/solutions will effectively meet evolving business needs and align to support the business strategy.
- The TCL will partner with the resource manager within the service delivery team to assure that resourcing is assigned to projects and BAU activities in a timely manner and to plan for upcoming demand. The TCL will maintain knowledge of technology and industry trends that can provide more efficient and effective support for achieving the business strategy of their stakeholder functions.
- The TCL is responsible to develop and present at executive reviews to describe IT capability alignment with business objectives for global technology enablement of a broad array of key functions, spanning the commercial, sustainability, IBP and sourcing functions or data management, integration and analytics solutions.
- The TCL collaborates with BP and the business across all regions during the strategic planning process, to define capacity requirements for upcoming demand and partner with service delivery to drive the requirements for continual improvement of capabilities that are in service.
- The TCL is responsible for reporting on status/health of the projects that are within their portfolio of investment, including all IT and data efforts (e.g., pulling together updates from other IT or data project managers from other organizations within ITS or data, and other capability areas).
- The TCL will also assure that solutions are consistent with architectural guidelines, frameworks and standards defined by EA, and will orchestrate the work of multiple solutions and domain architects to define solutions consistent with long term ITS strategic objectives, including leading Proof of Concepts to prove viability.
- Establish and adhere to a portfolio management process (with supporting tools) and support the enterprise analysis of demand.
- Provide the primary business interface to IT or data functions in order to assure alignment with business’ needs and drive visibility for the business in performance of the investment portfolio.
- In concert with the Business PMO teams, ensure that business projects and programs, that enable change are prioritized across the enterprise portfolio rather than within organizational and operational silos.
- Participate in IT and data’s strategic planning process to represent relevant functional business capabilities.
- Partner closely with the various businesses to understand, prioritize and describe demand, and serve as the interface in scheduling and sequencing delivery; timely capture demand into IT and data toolsets. Broker discussion between business and IT Delivery for demand analysis.
- Create a recurring, two-way communication program to keep the business entities apprised of IT and data performance, project status and strategic priorities.
- Understand the goals, strategies, and plans – as well as critical success factors for functional business partners.
- Directs, manages, and develops the capability and professional standards of the IT function (individual and organizational capability); continuously assesses talent and develops future leaders for Ball; inspires individuals and creates an environment of feedback, collaboration, and team achievement.
- The TCL will manage a diverse, cross-functional global team of other Technology Capability Leaders, as well as multiple project managers, business analysts and solution architects to accomplish the following:
- Formally complete RFI/RFQ components where necessary for both software selection and system implementation partners;
- Develop and execute a project plan that details the timeline, milestones and, manages resources, risk, budgets and quality to meet the objectives of the business;
- Develop detailed requirements. document use-cases, as-is and to-be processes, and over-see user acceptance testing while assuring requirements traceability; and,
- Drive the solution architecture, develop solution design (as supported solution engineers), derive time/cost estimates, and assure architectural integrity of the solution.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 10 year(s) minimum with increasing levels of responsibility in a large, complex corporate information technology environment
- Multinational and/or manufacturing industry experience preferred
- Experience with and knowledge of various enterprise application and data integration technologies (e. Talend, Mulesoft, TIBCO, CData)
- Experience with and knowledge of various data management technologites (ex. Collibra, Informatica, Talend, Reltio)
- Experience in leading global, multinational and remote teams, including off-shore, in matrix organization with demonstrated ability to work across and deliver multiple critical paths and develop schedules in a collaborative environment
- Previous consulting experience a plus
- Strong prior experience in a technology delivery role
- Ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels
- Strong technical acumen – understands current technology trends and can contextualize them in a business setting
- Ability to create formal business cases showing ROI opportunities
- Must be able to negotiate with key business customers and stakeholders and vendors
- Working knowledge of business architecture concepts (TOGAF preferred)
- Focus on continuous improvement and quality in delivery; working knowledge of concepts of Lean and Agile
- Requires planning skills at a strategic, global level; including ability to drive the strategic planning process for a cross-functional ITS team, and align stakeholders to execute within established KPIs
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $134,300-$208,610 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans