Senior Technical Account Manager
VisaAshburn, VA17 days ago
Visa Business Solutions provides issuers and their corporate clients a suite of products and capabilities to simplify the critical processes that businesses perform daily. These critical processes include managing expenses, compliance, vendors and reporting. They also provide analysis for corporates in order to make informed business and financial decisions about employee and company spend. Business Solutions also facilitate payments between buyers and suppliers, using online solutions or APIs. The Senior Account Manager provides operational and technical support to North American banks and partners regarding Visa’s suite of commercial products. This role will be a subject matter expert on multiple products and platforms, and will represent the team and its clients in advocating for platform improvements and enhancements.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations. Considered the functional expert for their client's processing and operational business.
- The Sr. Account Manager serves as primary contact and initial escalation point (available 24x7) for clients for all day-to-day support of all Visa Business Solutions products, services, processing questions and issues and leads internal and external recovery efforts of product and/or processing service interruptions.
- Provides high value customer service support on day-to-day items to Visa Clients and internal staff to ensure customer expectations are exceeded; advocate on behalf of the clients
- Proactively notify clients regarding any widespread or business critical problems with the application, as well as scheduled periodic maintenance outages
- Considered the functional expert for their client's operational business.
- Provide insight and input within cross functional Visa organizations for new or changing products and services which may impact clients
- Lead complex cross functional customer service delivery initiatives across clients and Visa internal teams
- Act as liaison for the client; provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, service change support and system enhancement support.
- Represent client perspective within Visa organization to ensure enhancements are prioritized
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives, and ensure processing system/platform performance standards are met and that the client perspective is represented within the organization.
- Provide proactive planning and operational support to ensure that both the client and Visa are operating in the most effective and cost efficient manner while managing costs and increasing overall performance
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a strong knowledge of Visa Commercial products and services.
- Represent complex customer change requests, system or operational requirements; negotiate and manage expectations internally and externally.
- Develop and manage strategic planning, operational initiatives, special projects and client-driven continuous improvement plans.
- Identify and analyze processing issues with client impacts; consistently communicate situational status and resolution; advise on SLA performance both internally and externally and develop improvement plans to address chronic client problems.
- Support business enhancements and mandates.
- Partner with assigned Account Executives to identify additional business opportunities.
- Ensure prompt and comprehensive resolution of client inquiries as well as create and maintain updated support documentation – meeting required deadlines
- Proactively identify operational opportunities and implement recommendations to increase service quality and efficiency
- Report customer project accomplishments and deliverables to senior management
- Educate and train clients on best practices for all supported services
- Perform ongoing proactive operational reviews
- Role will mostly be technical in nature but will be expected to support team in finding trends and opportunities to bring the client’s operational support closer to a strategic level.
- Bridge the knowledge gap between the business personnel at the bank and their technology counterparts
- Need for SME who can develop closer relationships with Product & Sales teams.
- Coach all new staff and recognize training opportunities for all staff
- Provide leadership and communication; responsible for escalating to department management when issues arise that might jeopardize problem resolution
- Available to travel 10-20% of the time or as needed to support business, based on assigned clients.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving
- Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity that require significant initiative and good judgment
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations internally and externally, and work both as part of a team and independently
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information and apply to business solutions.
- Superb proficiency with troubleshooting and resolving complex issues
- Proficiency providing technical and consultative support to external customers and identify business needs.
- Public speaking skills
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Strong skills in Excel for data analysis.
- Advance Power point for professional presentations.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills required.
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- While this is a customer service role (not IT), experience in troubleshooting complex web applications, application programing interfaces (APIs) gateways, integration or environment issues is a plus
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.