Senior Team Coordinator
The Sr. Team Coordinator is responsible for working closely with Supervisor to facilitate customer requirements, assignment of staffing and communication with all stakeholders. Administering training of job responsibilities for new personnel, performing light data entry and analysis to determine workforce optimization based on customer shift requirements, processing all related regulated paperwork accurately and in a timely manner and distributing to all required personnel as necessary. Understanding and performing tasks involved in shipping and/or receiving, production support improvement plans and developing action items for review.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Assist and support the Supervisor with determining root cause analysis on issues, implement plans for process improvements or corrections.
- Ability to travel between multiple sites to support customer locations.
- Ability to work with both internal and external customers on implementation of solutions.
- Take lead on new process changes/requirements and administer training to teammates.
- Participate in safety committees for all locations in the market.
- Training of entry level warehouse personnel.
- Responsible for customer facing communications
- Light data entry
- Coordinates and guides the workflow of the warehouse employees.
- Facilitates safety teams as directed. Reviews the work of other warehouse employees for completeness, accuracy, and overall acceptability to customer standards.
- Completes assigned tasks and associated record keeping/documentation in a safe and accurate manner. Reports all OS&D. Maintains documentation file of all outbound regulated materials with regard to proper certification, marking labeling and packaging. May be required to handle dangerous goods.
- Responsible for general housekeeping tasks including sweeping and debris removal of vehicles and/or shipments. Attends safety meetings as required and notifies management immediately of any unsafe working conditions.
You might be a great fit if….
- High School Diploma or GED, and 4 years of progressive relevant experience.
- Understanding of DOT, ICAO & IATA regulations.
- Must posses valid drivers license
- Knowledge of scanning compliance and equipment.
- Ability to maintain compatible relationships under stress.
- Must exhibit promptness and attention to detail.
- May require the operation of banding, wrapping, packaging, or cleaning equipment.
- May require the ability to use PC and/or RF-based computer systems to perform tasks.
- May require the use of manual or powered pallet jacks.
- Contributes to a safe working environment.
- Ability to work in a self-directed work environment.
- Ability to complete all basic and re-currency regulatory training as required.
- Ability to read and understand current regulatory manuals and current regulations in a time sensitive environment
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 50 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.