Senior Tax Analyst
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
As a Senior Tax Analyst, you will report to the Tax Manager and focus on sales/use and indirect taxes in a complex multi-state environment. You will collaborate with key departments across the organization, including Accounts Payable, Payroll, Finance, Regulatory Compliance, Product, and Legal. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high performing, fast paced team that is working on new and innovative projects.
- Team with the senior tax technology analyst to streamline and diagram the tax compliance processes for tax reporting
- Timely file monthly, quarterly, and annual indirect tax returns including sales/use, business license, and property tax in multiple state and local US/Canada jurisdictions.
- Perform and assist with month-end close, record month-end accruals for all tax accounts
- Perform monthly account reconciliations & related journal entries for indirect tax accounts
- Collaborate with products/ops teams on pilot projects, new products, and new market launches to ensure all tax requirements (i.e. taxability rules, registrations, etc.) are complete
- Research and document impacts from the changing legislative tax landscape to ensure no changes to existing compliance positions.
- Ensure SOX procedures are followed and documented for purposes of annual and interim reporting.
- Support multi-state tax audits, including data collection and coordination of timely responses to information requests.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Tax or related field
- 3+ years of Accounting and/or Sales/Use/Indirect Tax experience; tax experience at Big 4 preferred
- Technical knowledge of tax law and its application
- Experience managing tight deadlines on multiple projects with shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction from management while exhibiting good judgement for when to team with others to accomplish objectives and deadlines.
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong accounting research and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask
- Strong quantitative analytical skills – must have significant experience in Microsoft Excel (e.g. vlookup, pivot tables, etc) and Google applications;
- NetSuite and/or Oracle experience is a strong plus
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
For candidates living in Colorado the expected base pay range is $83,000 - $93,000 and depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location.
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states and all U.S. territories: Alabama, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Puerto Rico.
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.