Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our People & Places Solutions team is seeking a Senior Sustainability Specialist to provide technical and strategic sustainability solutions to the pursuit, design and delivery of major projects across sectors including both buildings and infrastructure.
Your role will include leading teams – both large and small – of architecture and engineering staff on projects where sustainability goals require broad understanding of multiple performance criteria and overlapping rating systems, as well as wide-ranging community requirements. You will work to produce project documentation, performing and/or assisting in the construction administration phase of projects, maintaining firm-wide documentation procedures and standards, and working closely with technical leadership and engineering discipline leads to understand design intent and goals for successful implementation for various facility design projects. You’ll play an integral role in mentoring junior staff, forming long-term relationships with clients, and pursuing new work, including strategy development and positioning for new contracts.
You will be a positive communicator with strong influencing ability who’s able to lead projects without direct supervision, able to coordinate the work of various project teams, and connect with our global technical experts as well as deliver exceptional results independently. You will be a systems thinker and creative problem solver for our clients’ toughest challenges.
This may be a remote position; location in the Mountain or Pacific time zone is required.
Working together, we’ll help you grow and pursue what fulfills you so that we can make impacts on the future – big and small, global and local.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other. Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- A minimum of 10 years professional relevant experience for buildings-related design and construction projects
- Professional Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Sustainability, or similar from an accredited program
- Demonstrated progressive overall experience in an Architectural, Design, or Engineering organization
- LEED AP with Specialty; credential must be active. Must have experience as LEED Project Administrator on numerous projects, including those under v4, that have completed certification.
- Detailed knowledge of sustainability and integrated design
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategies and systems related to occupant wellness, energy efficiency, daylighting, indoor air quality, materials assessment, stormwater management, and other common topics
- Ability to stay current with regulations and trends in the industry at a national level
- Strong organizational skills to help facilitate multiple projects at one time, communication (both verbal and written) skills, creative problem-solving abilities, business development / client relationship building skills, and leadership abilities
- Experience in project management and delivery on sustainability projects and programs working in a client-facing role
- Ability to effectively coordinate with architectural and engineering project team members, both internal and external
- Professional experience writing and developing reports, presentations and delivering workshops for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in the preparation and management work plans for sustainable design work, schedules, budgets, staffing projections, and fees for large projects
- Must display enthusiasm, motivation, and be goal-oriented
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
- Master’s in buildings or infrastructure-related discipline, or sustainability/resilience
- Experience creating and working with client-specific design standards
- Additional sustainability- or energy-centric credentials (e.g. WELL AP, Envision SP, Living Future Accreditation, Certified Passive House Consultant, etc.) as well as related experience on projects
- Demonstrated program experience in the usage of Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Cloud suite, and Microsoft Office suite
- Experience on fast-track, accelerated project delivery
- Already established as a sustainability industry leader or well positioned to help build our reputation
- Ability to travel as needed
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.