Senior Strategist, Social Marketing & Strategy
Due to potential onsite requirements, only candidates currently located in the Los Angeles, CA area will be considered.
Dentsu Creative has an amazing opportunity for a Senior Strategist, Social Marketing & Strategy to join the team. We are comprised of audacious thinkers and award-winning collaborators across the United States, Latin America and Canada who blend local knowledge with global expertise. Choosing substance over stunts, our Modern Creative mandate is about unlocking sustained growth and holistic impact for brands in ways that Create Culture, Change Society and Invent the Future.
In this role, you will be a part of shaping the future of entertainment and media with one of the world's leading streaming services. You’d lead the way with a radically collaborative crew that thrives off audacious thinking. We want challengers who know what it takes to command attention, architect fandoms and never lose sight of even the smallest of details when it comes to opportunities for impact.
This particular account is right-fit for social-savvy, entertainment enthusiasts:
- Emerging platforms and the shifts that come with them don’t shake you
- A day spent not rehashing the latest trends in film, sports and TV is not a day lived
- Ability to separate substantive, brand-building moves from quick-hit stunts
- The Senior Social Strategist will be the keeper of the social strategy and owner of driving innovative, inspiring & award-winning work that meet our clients business goals.
- As Senior Social Strategist, you are expected to be tapped into the pulse of culture and quickly able to identify opportunities for our clients to engage.
- You will advocate for the right set of actions on social platforms to implement a strategy and help create the necessary consensus within both the internal client team and the client's organization to achieve results.
- You will serve as a leader within the Social Marketing group and a “go to” for content insights, ideas, and ways to work across the client organization
You’re a Leader/Leader in Training
- Cross team superstar collaborator with a high level of maturity
- Can combine creative content ideas with smart social media strategies to drive business results.
- Must be able to manage other team members
- Excellent verbal, written, visual communicator (can hold a meeting without an AD, present thoughtful ideas, lead sharing of recommendations)
- Manage up and bring solutions, identify the problems
- Delivers on-going thought-leadership to clients and internal teams, particularly with a strong POV on consumer or cultural insight.
You Push the Narrative, and the Team
- You’re able to write & own briefs with full insights (with support from team), inspiration and updates based on creative feedback (requires oversight from manager)
- Work with Strategy team to deliver social insights to support the brief/translate into what will work on social
- Work with creative to deliver final product and best results – push the creative so they’re happy with it
- Sharing of trends (social memes, formats, cultural insights)
- Deliver a POV & audit of industry examples, competitive examples, market movers
- Strong written, verbal, visual communications
- Able to attend meetings and provide insights where needed
You can execute and bring to life a content recommendation
- Oversee content strategies grounded in insights from SEO, social listening, UX, etc.
- Proactively brings new thinking that pushes the work to teams and works closely with platforms and 3rd party partners to identify them
- Comms Planning: Should have a basic understanding of how to construct a comms framework to inform a creative and/or media plan
- Can create comms frameworks and/or brand architectures to clearly define approaches to tackle business problems and inspire innovation solutions
You’re skilled at presenting
- Presentations, facilitating breakthrough creative, leading internal & external teams; client and new business
- Creative Briefs, and Comms Strategy/Integrated Briefs, understanding of integrated media, Integrated agency relationships
- Directing use of primary research methods and secondary research tools, basic CCS, Simmons, skills
You’re a thought leader
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of client's industry and category
- Continuously builds knowledge on the macro/micro forces which impact the client's business
- Develops a relationship as a trusted advisor with junior and some senior clients
You can take big problems and complex solutions and simplify them into understandable and actionable strategies.
- Pushes content and creative executions one step further to not just deliver out-of-the-box, fresh ideas but plans for how to implement them in ways that feel simple.
- Knows how to find the insight and jump on it.
You are able to manage your own time, client and internal teams (likely 1-2 team members) to produce thoughtful and thorough work against timelines.
- You can bring new thinking that pushes the work to teams and works closely with platforms and 3rd party partners to identify them
- “Manage up” to exceed client expectations and work cross functionality to make sure we’re meeting all deliverables
- Provides direction & guidance to Jr. team members
Becomes a mentor and go to for rising stars on the team (Interns will report to Sr. Social Strategists)
Expertise in and passion for the social space
- We’re looking for candidates who are excited by the internet, love that it’s ever-changing, and understand how to apply this to clients
- The ideal candidate will have acted as a day to day to lead on client business and has developed client relationships; 6-8 years’ experience
The anticipated salary range for this position is $72,960 - $100,000. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or a certain state or local laws. Reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please contact email@example.com if you need assistance completing any forms or otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.