Senior Specialist, Internal Communications
***This position will be located in McLean, VA, with Memphis, TN to be considered***
Our Global Communications organization is responsible for protecting and elevating Hilton's reputation, driving brand and consumer communications, inspiring and engaging Team Members, and connecting owners and other partners with Hilton’s purpose and business goals.
What will I be doing?
As Senior Specialist, Internal Communications, you will support global internal communications for Hilton’s largest hotel category, All Suites & Focused Service Brands. Encompassing more than 5,000 hotels across the world, this role will help inform and inspire Team Members across Embassy Suites by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton & Tru by Hilton.
Through powerful and creative storytelling, you will partner with Brand Leaders to deliver against their brand’s strategic priorities, bring to life each brand’s unique personality and ensure Team Members across the world have the tools and motivation to deliver the most reliable and friendly stay experiences to guests. With a new era of travel dawning and changing customer expectations, this is a unique opportunity to make your mark on a pivotal moment in Hilton’s history.
More specifically, you will:
- Support the Director of Internal Communications with development and execution of an internal communications strategy for Hilton’s All Suites & Focused Service Brands.
- Support efforts to translate enterprise initiatives into campaigns, messaging, and storytelling that resonates with the All Suites & Focused Service category, maintaining a branded tone and personality.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across the organization and in particular, on the All Suites & Focused Service Team to bring key brand programs and initiatives to life.
- Be an ambassador for Internal Communications and build relationships and reputation with teams across the organization to ensure Team Member communication is top of mind across our partners.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement, regularly reviewing and evaluating communication performance of initiative and adjusting strategy as required.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong project management skills – you will be responsible for managing numerous work streams and timelines
- Problem-solving skills to resolve challenges while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism, and integrity
- Thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a high attention to detail
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years of communications work experience
- Experience in brand, agency, or communications
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, or a related field
- Experience in hospitality
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.