Disneyland Resort Communications & Public Affairs encompasses media relations, corporate citizenship, government relations, public relations, internal communications, and executive communications. Often working with other business units across the resort, the team strives to protect and enhance the reputation of the Disneyland Resort. This position focuses on Internal Communication and how we strategically engage our Cast Members and share their stories.
What You Will Do
- Create and manage communication plans including collaborating with partners, message development/storytelling, overseeing asset creation, securing approvals, and developing related social media copy as needed
- Develop story ideas, messaging, and creative content for multiple communication platforms including blog posts, website, social, and other owned digital platforms
- Coordinate with internal partners to conduct research to support communication planning
- Maintain owned channels/platforms to ensure alignment with ongoing business priorities
- Monitor and analyze communication activations to inform strategy
- Assist in the creation of decks/presentations for executive leadership on Public Affairs priorities, projects, and campaigns
- Cultivate and maintain effective internal & external relationships with key stakeholders, vendors, and other essential partners
- Media relations support, inclusive of developing pitches and hosting media
Required Qualifications & Skills
- 2+ years of communications experience, and experience influencing diverse teams
- Highly organized with strong administrative and time management skills
- Excellent writing and storytelling, presentation, and research skills, with an understanding of how to effectively communicate to different audiences
- Experience managing projects and campaign initiatives with an understanding of overarching goals, objectives, and relevant considerations
- Proficiency with Associated Press writing style
- Ability and willingness to learn new software applications
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of social media platforms/content creation
- Trusted to maintain confidential information
- Ability to complete multiple projects with competing priorities, and meet tight deadlines
- Passion for the Disney brand and Disney experience or operational knowledge
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field
Disability accommodation for employment applications
The Walt Disney Company and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email Candidate.Accommodations@Disney.com with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
The hiring range for this position in California is $92,800.00 to $124,400.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.