Senior Software Engineering
Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers.
On the SRE team, you’ll have the opportunity to lead & manage the complex challenges of scale, while using your expertise in coding/scripting, algorithms, troubleshooting, complexity analysis, small/large scale system design and leadership skills.
SRE's culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and openness is key to its success. Our organization brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
- An individual with deep passion for innovation, performance to work as an SRE.
- Provides application support by utilizing monitoring tools and diagnostic methods.
- Engage in day-to-day operational tasks as needed for management of monitoring and automation work to reduce toil.
- Supports and be part of a 24x7 global IT Operations environment leveraging distributed global team members.
- Will be responsible for the planning, implementation, deployment, and measurement of Airline Solutions operational assets.
- Must work under minimum supervision with few direct instructions, strong attitude towards teamwork, knowledge sharing and documentation.
- Will be responsible in providing specialized technical and product support for Sabre hosted solutions, this includes troubleshooting and debugging complex software solutions.
- Collaborate with the Engineering, Technology, other relevant enterprise teams in an agile environment.
- Hands-on expertise & understanding in ITIL, Change Management (i.e., ServiceNow) procedures to be able to participate in root cause analysis for preventive actions.
- Hands-on expertise in Cloud computing, especially AWS/GCP, to contribute in on-prem to GCP cloud migrations.
- Should be able to be part in the incident calls and closely work with the incident management teams and problem management.
- Ability to communicate effectively to stake holders and higher management in terms of project status, incidents, problems and root cause.
- Responsible in supporting Sabre’s application portfolios hosted in both On-prem & cloud platforms (AWS/GCP).
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5-9 years of experience in IT Operations/DevOps/Application support/SRE team
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in Windows, UNIX/Linux platforms.
- Strong knowledge on Oracle, SQL; able to troubleshoot issues.
- Must have hands-on expertise in AWS/GCP platforms, including deployments, administration & Operations, including GCP, Terraforms, core cloud concepts & services.
- Must have knowledge and implementation experience of ITIL process, procedures and ITSM, ITIL certified an added advantage.
- Must have knowledge in any of the scripting language, such as PERL/Shell scripting/Python. PowerShell is an added advantage.
- Experience in handling multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, organizational skills.
- Experience supporting multi-layer applications including Frontend services (API and GUI based) and Backend services.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP and HTTP protocols and Networking, DNS/Firewalls, F5 Load balancing.
- Knowledge in any DevOps tools such as Jenkins/Ansible and any orchestration tools an added advantage.
- Expertise in monitoring tools such as AppDynamics and SPLUNK.
- Good understanding and experience in Application support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is required and Master’s Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Overall, 5-9 years of professional experience in IT Operations/DevOps and SRE.
- Should be great team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Very good written and oral communication skills.
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Compliance Office at email@example.com.
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW