Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack)
At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial system for the world. Nova Credit’s diverse global team is stitching together the world's credit data into a single network to unlock financial opportunities for immigrants and other populations historically excluded from the credit system. We’ve built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive cross-border credit database to help enable underwriting decisions. We are backed by leading investors, including Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst, and Index Ventures, and are proud recipients of the following awards:
- Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2022
- BuiltIn NYC's Best Places to Work 2022: Best Small Companies to Work For
- Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Social Good Companies 2022
This is a full-time role and can be fully remote anywhere in the contiguous U.S. For a more in-depth look at our engineering culture, check out our page on Key Values.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and other engineering teams
- Design, extend, improve, and manage the complexity of our global financial products
- Deliver high-quality solutions and features with speed and end-to-end ownership of your projects
- Participate in and improve our products' on-call rotations
- Improve and scale engineering processes, tools, and standards
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including experience at a high-growth or early-stage startup
- Strong collaboration skills with both internal and external stakeholders to discover requirements and deliver a solution
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience with core parts of our stack (Node.JS, Express, React, ES6, Typescript, Python, Postgres, Terraform, AWS)
- Experience with mobile development (iOS, Android) and building features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Experience at a fintech startup
- Expand our design system to unify UI/UX across our consumer and customer-facing products
- Evolve our customer dashboard to streamline monitoring, management, and analysis
- Build new APIs or iterate our existing production APIs
NOVA CREDIT'S INTERVIEW PROCESS:
- Step 1: The phone screen gives us a chance to learn more about you, your goals, and your interests. It’s also a chance for you to learn about us and get answers to your questions.
- Step 2: The technical assessment (a one-hour coding challenge) is intended to give you a taste of what you’ll be doing at Nova Credit. We avoid asking algorithmic questions, so you can expect to be asked to complete more practical tasks, such as working with an existing API, parsing JSON responses, or building a UI component.
- Step 3: The final round will give you the opportunity to meet additional engineers, have a conversation with your potential manager and expose you to the Nova Credit culture. It is broken down into three one-hour technical sessions (coding challenges/systems design sessions), a forty-five-minute chat with the hiring manager, and a debrief with our Head of Engineering.
$177,000 - $208,000 a year
Base Salary Range is for U.S.-based candidates, dependent on individual experience, skills, education, location, and qualifications. We consider all elements of compensation as a part of the value we provide to Novans. This may include base salary, equity grants, incentive compensation for eligible roles, professional development, flexible PTO, and tenure rewards. We offer U.S.-based Novans competitive, employer-subsidized medical, dental, and vision plans, in addition to mental health and wellness benefits and a range of other benefits & perks.
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal-opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace, and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.