Senior Software Engineer
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 8+ years of job-related experience, or a Master's degree plus 6 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION
ROLE AND POSITION OBJECTIVES:
As a Senior Software Engineer for Land & Airborne Systems, you’ll lead or be a member of a cross functional team responsible for developing and testing embedded systems, products, and services that make a real difference in keeping our heroes and nation safe.
We encourage you to apply if you have any of these preferred skills or experiences:
- Expert level proficiency in C/C++ and python
- Advanced proficiency with Embedded Linux
- Experience developing software on embedded systems (Application, Bare-metal, or RTOS)
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinker with demonstrated success leading the software development life cycle
- Expertise in applying technical standards and methodologies to solve challenges
- Exceptional communication skills with the capacity to secure buy-in on concepts and ideas
- Collaborative team player eager to provide technical leadership and position others for success
- Commitment to ongoing professional development for yourself and others
Our Commitment to You:
- An exciting career path with opportunities for continuous learning and development.
- Research oriented work, alongside award winning teams developing practical solutions for our nation’s security
- Flexible schedules with every other Friday off work, if desired (9/80 schedule)
- Competitive benefits, including 401k matching, flex time off, paid parental leave, healthcare benefits, health & wellness programs, employee resource and social groups, and more
- See more at gdmissionsystems.com/careers/why-work-for-us/benefits
This position is expected to be largely on-site, with Hybrid/Flex options.
While on-site, you will be a part of the Bloomington, MN engineering team.
Target salary range: USD $139,000.00/Yr. - USD $154,000.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we rise to the challenge each day to ensure the safety of those that lead, serve, and protect the world we live in. We do this by making the world’s most advanced defense platforms even smarter. Our engineers redefine what’s possible and our manufacturing team brings it to life, building the brains behind the brawn on submarines, ships, combat vehicles, aircraft, satellites, and other advanced systems.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with this shared sense of purpose, committed to a diverse and exciting employee experience that drives innovation and creates a community where all feel welcome and a part of something amazing.
We offer highly competitive benefits and a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. To see more about our benefits, visit https://gdmissionsystems.com/careers/why-work-for-us/benefits
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran