Senior Software Engineer
NeuWave Medical, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer. This position is located in Madison, WI.
NeuWave Medical®, founded by physicians and scientists, built the first intelligent ablation system and the only system that has it all. The versatile probe portfolio with multi-probe synchronized energy delivery allows physicians to tailor ablations. In addition, the 17-gauge Precision™ PR probe is the only probe available with distal energy control. The unrivaled computer-controlled system now includes Ablation Confirmation™ software, offering the only integrated in-procedure confirmation to evaluate the technical success of your procedure.
This role contributes to the software design and development of innovative and efficient software solutions related to the NeuWave microwave ablation systems.
- Software development project deliverables including design requirements, risk assessment, and verification test protocols as required in an FDA approved development environment.
- Execute on the tools and processes used for software development including performance monitoring and process improvement.
- Interpret customer and marketing input to define software requirements including development and maintenance of low-level software requirements and specifications.
- Provide innovative platform, product, system, sub-system and component design solutions.
- Perform detailed design analysis and provide input or approval for detailed design specifications.
- Contribute to and/or coordinate integration of complex system and sub-system product medical device designs.
- Conduct and develop comprehensive Design FMEAs to analyze the impact of design related risks.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is required
- A minimum of 3 years of industry experience is required.
- A Master’s Degree is preferred
- Experience working in the Medical Device industry
- Database Design and Administration (Microsoft SQL Server) is preferred.
- Windows 10 and Windows PE platform development is preferred.
- Client/Server development and architecture experience is preferred.
- User interface design and WPF is preferred.
- In a Windows C#/.NET environment, knowledge in the use of software debuggers, emulators/simulators, and performance monitors and profilers for use in development and testing is preferred.
- Experience writing software verification and validation protocols is preferred.
- This position is located in Madison, WI and may require up to 20% domestic and international travel.