Senior Software Engineer
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.Thales is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the team in Austin, TX. This role can be fully remote, but candidates that are local to Austin, TX are preferred. As a member of a collaborative development team, the Sr. Software Engineer will be instrumental in the design and implementation of secure Key Management Platform & SaaS Service, and the Sr. Software Engineer might need to cover the sustention and maintenance to the product of Data Security Manager.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Designing and building scalable micro services and orchestration
- Designing features for multi-tenancy, high availability, scalability, manageability and extensibility
- Evaluate new technologies, evangelize with prototypes and eventually get it integrated into the products where applicable
- Using test-driven methodologies and automation in the design and development phase to ensure quality before hand-off to Quality Assurance teams for further testing and verification.
- Debugging and resolving complex problems in multi-threaded applications
- Communicating task and project status to the team and engineering management
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Accurately breaking down, estimating, and scheduling software tasks
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with product owners, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Keeping up-to-date with technical developments in the field of server development and security
- Work closing with customer support to understand issues and represent solutions of the user and product.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering field of study or another related technical discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience as a software engineer.
- Experience using AWS, Azure, GCP, Docker, and Kubernetes and launching products in production using these technologies.
- Experience using SaaS applications in the cloud and cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience programming in Go, C/C++ languages.
- Experience with RESTful API using tools such as Swagger.
- Experience in the development of high availability and database-centric enterprise-class software on Postgres.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues
- Experience with Linux software development, package, test & release, desirable knowledge of scripting languages.
- Experience in using Messaging technologies (Kafka, Any MQ) and messaging patterns.
- Prior experience in knowledge of PKI, PKCS, KMIP standards.
- Programming knowledge, defining schemas around No SQL databases.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering field of study or another related discipline.
- Knowledge in management applications especially in Key Management domain.
- Knowledge in secure coding, security principles.
- Knowledge in usage of SDK in AWS/Azure/GCP.
- SAFe agile software development experience.
- Excellent problem solving, written, verbal and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of J2EE and solid Java programming skills
This position will require successfully completing a post-offer background check. Qualified candidates with [a] criminal history will be considered and are not automatically disqualified, consistent with federal law, state law, and local ordinances.
Successful applicant must comply with federal contractor vaccine mandate requirements.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.